Mad Monster Party

I just got back. I know some of you go to events like this all the time, but I have never been to any sort of convention ever!

Saw a few vehicles when I first arrived.

Christine (said it was screen used)

IMG_0447.jpg

The truck from The Duel. (I've never seen the movie, but they said it was screen used also.)

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

Ok, this one is decidedly NOT screen accurate, but it was still cool.

IMG_0491.jpg

There were tons of celebrities signing. I snapped a few pics.

Rutger Hauer

Brad Dourif

James Hong

Joe Turkel

Last edited:
Childs Play panel with Alex Vincent, Chris Sarandon, and Brad Dourif.

Walking Dead panel with Chandler Riggs and Addy Miller.

Mystery Machine

Last edited:
My main reason for attending was the BLADE RUNNER panel. I am a huge Blade Runner fan and was excited to meet Rutger Hauer, James, Hong, and Joe Turkel.

Rutger and Joe were running late, so James Hong got up and entertained the crowd. HE IS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!

He doesn't show any signs of being 83! He mentioned he was in movies with Groucho Marx and Clark Gable. He danced around with one of Lo Pan's concubines.

The panel was excellent. I enjoyed it very much. Joe Turkel said he regrets not doing as well as he thought himself capable of. He was dealing with his father who was seriously ill at the time, and had a hard time preparing for the role.

Out of all the events, and people I met, surprisingly Joe Turkel had the biggest impact on me. He is an amazing guy. I talked to him for a while after the panel. He had a lot to say about how much he admires Stanley Kubrick. He is very funny, insightful, and has a great outlook on life. His optimism is contagious. The things he had to say are still running through my head. I am fortunate to have met him, even for a moment.

Rutger and Joe were running late, so James Hong got up and entertained the crowd. HE IS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!

He WAS great! The banter between him and Rutger was really funny.
All in all, it was a really nice show, especially for its first year. They already have planned it again for next year too.
I made it out Friday and Saturday til around 2am. Even though there weren't a whole lot of costumes, I decided to dress up for Saturday night. Here's one of the pics I had taken.
As soon as I go thru my camera, I'll have some more shots to post.

m79-grenade-launcher-scratchbuilt-new-40mm-grenade-nam-zom-1-sm.jpg-88553d1332769663

It was. I haven't heard info on how many attended, but a friend who was at both, said it was much bigger than the "Days of the Dead" one in Atlanta. I'll definitely be back next year.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back