Mad Max MFP Uniform/Acessories Thread

With the 40th anniversary of Mad Max coming up in April, I’d like to assemble an MFP costume. I’ve seen people put together some amazing Alien pieces for its 40th anniversary, so while I make some extra dough to afford the bits and bobs for my own, I’d like to start the year off with something more budget-friendly.
To start, the website Madmaxcostumes.com has been a tremendous help in planning the costume, and I’d like to commend their research.
As many of us are aware, Mad Max had a very tight budget, so I’m really hoping to replicate the underfunded look the film’s lack of money gave the MFP. For those who don’t know, every single jacket in the film was made out of a vinyl/pleather material (except for Steve Bisley’s jacket, which was made of real leather for added protection). Here’s a few images of the jacket, and even a screenshot showing the unlined backing of the vinyl material:
View attachment 983537View attachment 986003 View attachment 982572 View attachment 982637 View attachment 982644 View attachment 982574
Here’s a good pattern of the jacket that I borrowed form the site I mentioned earlier:
View attachment 982581 View attachment 982582
I’ll get into the accessories in another post because I have to dig through my messy photo archive first. Eitherways, I think it would be a great idea to see if anyone knows or can get the ball rolling on vinyl replicas of the jacket, as they would be accurate and affordable.
any luck finding an accurate jacket or getting one made ?

Hey, mates! I commissioned one from this leather shop in Leon, Mexico. (Hard to get better hides this side of the world.) I sent them schematics and a bunch of references so the hybrid model I wanted, along with the shoulder pad from Road Warrior, come out as faithfully as possible. ☝️ As soon as they get here, I'll post some pics.

I'm considering partnering up with them to have a number of jackets produced, for whoever needs one. So let me know if you're interested!

Last edited:
Found a good shoulder cap source. Unfortunately they come rivetless and need to sanded/painted:MFP 1588
Also, it turns out the MFP members have a standard issue helmet, which is identical to Goose’s. Here’s some shots of the one Max was issued:
View attachment 987403
View attachment 987404
Based on the screenshots, I’m certain that’s it’s a classic Bell helmet. You can even see the sticker in the shot of the car:
View attachment 987405
The visor is identical to Goose’s, which looks like this:
View attachment 987406
And it’s available here:Amazon.com: Mxl Industries 301000 Untreated Flip Shield (Clear) : Automotive
With this visor, you pretty have Goose’s helmet (minus the face guard), which actually had snaps put into the helmet to facilitate the face mask:
View attachment 987410
The face mask used to be available from Karol B, but it looks like he sold out.
Check with Karol again. He has some more now.

Has anyone bought the jacket shoulder caps from MFP 1588? They look good but the website says they are made of resin. I want to know if they are worth it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back