Mad Max: Fury Road

Judging from the vehicle, I'd say it's Mad Max 1.5.
Exactly. If you look at the evolution of the Fury Road car it's directly between Mad Max and Road Warrior. And theres alot less damage and even the interior is not as trashed as it was in Road Warrior. I'm almost positive Fury Road will have a dual mainstory of when Max fully transitions into a nomad/scavenger and the whole oil crisis that happens which will be relevant to the times and I'm sure a lil political statement too. Take the last few minutes of Mad Max and the beginning narrative of Road Warrior. Mentally fill in the gaps and there's Fury Road. Because of Miller and the scrutiny that this film will be under and the fact the Interceptor has to be in the top 5 iconic movie cars of all time it will by image and condition alone dictate where Fury Road will fit in. Charlise said its not a prequel or sequel. Its a midquel lol. I know I made the word up. I cant wait to see it. I think it will be pretty good.

Agreed, at the very least George has chosen the MM1.5 look to establish the reboot, awesome.

Your opinion MFP 2020, do those boots Hardy`s wearing look like Rossi`s to you? Thinking strictly as a collector here, judging from the boots and pants, Hardy may be wearing a replica of Mel`s original costume, minus the badges I would guess.

Check it!

furyroad.jpg

Me too! I know the pic is kind of blurry but I'm liking the digs.

We should have this thread retitled to just Mad Max: Fury Road

These pics are being touted as pics of the new BoB, have my suspicions but there are a few differences from BoB2 so not closing the book on it just yet.

View attachment 132617View attachment 132618View attachment 132619View attachment 132622

Something a little more concrete, a British Diplomat tweeted this pic of himself and Hardy on the set. Max is back Baby!

View attachment 132623 View attachment 132621

I'm getting excited about this now. Been ages since we've had some cool movie cars to drool at!

Certainly is interesting to see him finally. I'm looking forward to seeing how this all comes together.

Anybody ID that knife?

Certainly is interesting to see him finally. I'm looking forward to seeing how this all comes together.

Anybody ID that knife?

That was my second thought after seeing the jacket Noeland:lol
Looks like the old USMC WW2 knives with a slightly bent grip....its a start.

Are those magazines under the knive? What is his backpack? Why one glove? Is that a left over shoulder plate on his right side? Whats the gadget on his right hip? Lovin it.

Oh, Hardy looks the part. This is one trailer I wont be avoiding.

Agreed, at the very least George has chosen the MM1.5 look to establish the reboot, awesome.

Your opinion MFP 2020, do those boots Hardy`s wearing look like Rossi`s to you? Thinking strictly as a collector here, judging from the boots and pants, Hardy may be wearing a replica of Mel`s original costume, minus the badges I would guess.

A qualified yes. They have the front "V" cutout like the original Rossiter's, and it looks like the left boot is missing the top strap, maintaining continuity with MM1. Not sure what's going on with the knee. It's not the MM2 kneepad, but there's something there.

The right sleeve looks to me like it's cut off and he's wearing a long-sleeve undershirt (sweater?). The scarf looks like a callback to MMBTD. I like the look.

It's been a long time since I've seen any come up on eBay. I'm glad I got mine. Not that I'd ever sell them, but maybe they can put my grandkids through college. ;)

Due to a throwaway gag on The Simpsons any years ago, I still hold out hope that this is the film that finally realizes the dream of a screaming astronaut swinging a golf club around while driving a convertible.

Mad Max: Fury Road vehicles

No Mel = No Mad Max.

Someone wrote Mel being too old - you can't have history without age. In my opinion Mel could have given us one last ride as Max. I read a script back in 98 called Mad Max: End of the Road or Road's End - can't remember. The part i remember most was that the MFP returns but are much more Military - this is when the rumor Kurt Russell was going to be Mel's advisary.

No Mel = No Mad Max.

Someone wrote Mel being too old - you can't have history without age. In my opinion Mel could have given us one last ride as Max. I read a script back in 98 called Mad Max: End of the Road or Road's End - can't remember. The part i remember most was that the MFP returns but are much more Military - this is when the rumor Kurt Russell was going to be Mel's advisary.

Dont think it was an age issue that saw Mel cut ties/have ties cut from future tellings, more of an ongoing noncommittal posture from the studio. I see it like this now, Mel is Max and Ford is Solo and Deckard and Jones, Weller is RoboCop and Banzai and Nimoy is Spock, all these greats have or will have contenders or pretenders. Its the business`s job to twist our perceptions, when its done right it works. Try not to fresh air it to early JB, Hardy`s got contender on his passport.:cool

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back