Mad Max: Fury Road (Post-release)

Saw it again this afternoon. Was every bit as impressed. In some ways, I liked it more the second time, since the first viewing was such an assault on the senses I didn't have the wherewithal to process everything!

Last edited:
Just saw it. One word: EPIC. Not only is it the best movie I've seen this summer, but it's one of the best movies I've seen in quite some time. Two very big (y)thumbsup

wow,great story on how a fan got to work on the film:thumbsup
oh yeah,got to see the film yesterday,finally.
it lived up to all my expectations and more.this film is brutal and unrelenting.so much action and visual styles that there is too much to take in.
gonna see it again this weekend.the plot was not as simple as i thought and so glad the trailer didn't give everything away and actually threw off the storyline as well.
george miller is still on top of his game and set the bar to a new level.
if you like what you've seen in the trailer your gonna love this film.highly recommend it:)

http://www.avclub.com/article/know-your-post-apocalypse-warlords-219740

1280.jpg

One of the things that struck me during the movie was how heart broken Joe was with the death of Angharad and child. Even though he treated them as property, he still mourned her death......it humanized him, and I'm glad they were able to show that side of him.

Saw it, was an awesome spectacle! I was disappointed the Interceptor bought it so fast though and was left behind later on. I can't believe so much of that was practical effects too, I would like to see exactly what was CGI and what was real.

I just finished watched this about 4 hours and the imagery is still playing over and over in my brain. Amazing movie. All the characters where engaging, even the ones that showed up half way through. I was afraid this was going the way of the Star Wars prequels but this is the way a creator should come back to his own material after decades. George Miller is a genius in my book. Absolute genius.

I liked it, really liked it. We saw it in our local reserved leather reclining seating 3d theater. Plot was a little lacking like a two act play.....go out and come back. But I appreciated the cinematography and lack of CGI (not counting the amputee thingy).

Saw it Saturday.
Two words:
BAD. ASS.
Possibly the best action movie ever made.
George Miller is a GENIUS.
I need sequels NOW!

I love the cars but I immediately hate the writer when I see "Rictus's". That is grammatically incorrect. If anyone has taught you that is acceptable in school; you've been lied to. When a word ends in 's' and it needs to be made possessive, an apostrophe and 's' following it is unacceptable! All you need is just the apostrophe! That is correct proper English. Over time, the "s-'s" was included into the argument due to incorrect English being used so commonly (due to the liberties we take in writing English, basing it on how it sounds when we talk).

I love the cars but I immediately hate the writer when I see "Rictus's". That is grammatically incorrect. If anyone has taught you that is acceptable in school; you've been lied to. When a word ends in 's' and it needs to be made possessive, an apostrophe and 's' following it is unacceptable! All you need is just the apostrophe! That is correct proper English. Over time, the "s-'s" was included into the argument due to incorrect English being used so commonly (due to the liberties we take in writing English, basing it on how it sounds when we talk).

I'm completely with you on this - but this is the internet in the 21st century.
I've become so accustomed to reading "your" for "you're" - it's not worth my inter-breath to complain about it anymore.
Someone will invariably call me a "nazi" (someone who not only can't spell 'invariable', but couldn't tell you what it even means) for trying to correct them.
I've given up. The English language is dead.
Learn to speak 'STUPID', or accept being labeled a 'NAZI'.

I can't concede, Axlotl; evil triumphs when good men do nothing. I have to stay vigilant. The internet has changed a lot since the early days but it is still mainly a type-centric place, where thoughts and ideas are conveyed through text. If I can help someone convey their feelings and ideas clearly and, most of all, in legible fashion; then I have succeeded.

Unless it is a fool's errand, in theme of this thread, "you'll go insane if you keep trying to fix what's already broken". Maybe I'm Max roaming this wasteland, searching for some semblance of sanity left in this nuked world.:cool

My world is blood and fire...and improper syntax.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back