Mad Max: Fury Road (Post-release)

Looks like the line I was trying to remember was "By my deeds I honor him, V8!"

Ain't no replacement for displacement.

Edit
Corrected quote.

Last edited:
What was it the boys yelled before death, was it, "Witness Me!" ?

-W

Yup. Which I totally want to soap into the back window of my car now :p

Looks like I get to go again Sunday. Wish it was sooner. Eight days is too long. I have a dinky TV...might need to treat myself to an upgrade and surround sound when this comes out :D

One disappointment I had with Fury Road... no saxophone player? Surely they could've given a part to Kenny G, as the "Brass Piper." ;)

As much as I want the Blu-Ray now, this is one of those rare movies you need to see on the big screen and be near the front. on My viewing on Sunday I was a with a group in about the 4th row centre for 3D and damn it was good. Already planning another viewing. :D

That guy toured with Tina Turner for her Private Dancer show, yes I saw it and it was awesome. He also is the same sax player seen in the Lost Boys.

That guy toured with Tina Turner for her Private Dancer show, yes I saw it and it was awesome. He also is the same sax player seen in the Lost Boys.

Same guy in the music video? He looks like he stepped off the set of Magic Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really doubt the Feral Kid theory is true. It just doesn't seem to jibe with George Miller's way of doing things.

And maybe that's too bad, because it would have made a damn fine twist to this with only a few tiny little tweaks.

Kid becomes chief of the great northern tribe if memory serves, I don't think he would have done the lone road warrior thing, he stayed with his people.

At a Q & A session at the Alamo Drafthouse for this, this question was brought up about the Feral Kid and Miller flat out said, his story is what it is; doesn't tie into anything else and you won't see him again.

Dunno why people keep asking about this.

Saw it last night, and while I very much enjoyed it I found it to be much removed from the originals. I grew up with the first three and to this day they are still three of my favourite films.

I found that only the second half of the film/the final big chase felt like Mad Max. This world is meant to be after Thunderdome (although a revisit), I found it too unbelievable a leap from the shanty like barter town to Immortan Joes massive bond villain style complex. Also to me the vehicles were too clean, they looked to much like they had been dressed to appear rough and not actually cobbled together in a desperate attempt to keep some form of technology.

Additionally, I found Hardy's accent to be appalling. Now don't get me wrong, I love hardy. I'll watch anything with him in, but I just didn't feel he was the right choice for Max, and by the end it was almost like he'd given up on trying to do the accent entirely, and the low growl seemed bizarre.

And again, too much gunplay for a Mad Max film.

Taking it as its own (aunty) entity, it is a brilliant film, and visually stunning. I think you need to put aside the originals before viewing otherwise you'll come away conflicted, both loving it for its spectacle and cursing it for its differences.

Please feel free to ignore everything I've said, this is simply one mans scattered opinion

Loved the movie, can't wait to see it again. Especially love the score and I keep playing "Brothers In Arms" over and over again. Makes you want to drive really fast :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgYnKu8RYAU

Used during this scene, which this clip is heavily edited down,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiaJIojMvQA

Yeah, the score in this sequence resonated with me, the film just kicked in and connected here. Really sold it that this wasn't just an action chase, this was civilization fighting back into existence, something epic and far bigger. Good job. So many films can really drop the ball for me with the score.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back