Mad Max: Fury Road Costume Thread

Re: Mad Max: Fury Road Costumes Thread

Thanks! Yeah, if you have access to a good leather taylor i would recommend that. This is my second jacket from South Beach and it was quite a headache of a process. They sent me a MM1 jacket the first time with a shirt tail cut on the bottom. This jacket is ok but it's a little short and runs very small for an XL.

I've found the best way to distress a mad max jacket in my opinion is to take it to a baseball field. I take it in the duggout and grind it on the concrete to rough the leather up then it holds the redish clay better. Can't wait to figure out the shoulder pad plate. I think you're right about it being wrapped in leaather. Probably a low ounce deer skin.

Thanks for the kudos.

Thanks for the tip. I have a baseball field right now my street and it actually crossed my mind to use the field dirt to help weather the jacket and pants once I get one. Thought about beach sand too.

New trailer!

I see a Glock and a Beretta

Trailer%20shot_zpscag5dlox.jpg

Trailer%20shot%202_zpskjz7zk8d.jpg

I'm pretty sure the Beretta is what he carries in the holster now considering that's what the mags he carrying look to be from.

Last edited by a moderator:

What a great TV Spot! It's officially main stream now.

So many fun guns in this movie; Beretta, Glock, SKS, Webley .455, Flintlock Rifle. Lot more firepower than the previous films!

I made this composition assuming the webbing is the same for all three models.
These images are from Condor site (Beretta, 1911 and Glock L to R)
There seems to be little or no difference between the models.
I personally, as suggested by Fabian, ordered the Beretta. Not recieved yet.
Berette_1911_Glock.jpg

Last edited:

Any of you guys good at scaling? I want to try and get a seamstress to make an accurate jacket. I have all the details I want noted and I'm trying to figure out the zipper length size on the sleeves and pockets. I know there's not even zippers on the sleeves for the FR version but I want to be able to have another one not beat up to wear casually MM2 style. I've been using screen shots from Mad Max 2 mostly since FR is based off the same jacket which was also used in Thunderdome which is what production used to to make a copy of.
Here's some screen shots
Jacket%20details%2018_zpsegkjelyr.jpg

Jacket%20details%2030_zpsqfafe6gk.jpg

Jacket%20details%2023_zpsccgosvho.jpg

Jacket%20details%2012_zpscxonr0od.jpg

Jacket%20details%2014_zpszfvohsw9.jpg

Jacket%20details_zpsuyzvm0rj.jpg

To me the sleeve and pocket zippers look to be the same length. I also want to include the zipper flaps on the pockets. I'm guessing about 7" to 9" in length but I can't be sure. It does look long but it only looks like the zipper on the sleeves only reaches halfway to the elbow. Any thoughts on this?

Any of you guys good at scaling? I want to try and get a seamstress to make an accurate jacket. I have all the details I want noted and I'm trying to figure out the zipper length size on the sleeves and pockets. I know there's not even zippers on the sleeves for the FR version but I want to be able to have another one not beat up to wear casually MM2 style. I've been using screen shots from Mad Max 2 mostly since FR is based off the same jacket which was also used in Thunderdome which is what production used to to make a copy of.
Here's some screen shots
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/xplay024/Mad Max/Jacket details 18_zpsegkjelyr.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/xplay024/Mad Max/Jacket details 30_zpsqfafe6gk.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/xplay024/Mad Max/Jacket details 23_zpsccgosvho.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/xplay024/Mad Max/Jacket details 12_zpscxonr0od.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/xplay024/Mad Max/Jacket details 14_zpszfvohsw9.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/xplay024/Mad Max/Jacket details_zpsuyzvm0rj.jpg

To me the sleeve and pocket zippers look to be the same length. I also want to include the zipper flaps on the pockets. I'm guessing about 7" to 9" in length but I can't be sure. It does look long but it only looks like the zipper on the sleeves only reaches halfway to the elbow. Any thoughts on this?

I wish I could help on the scaling. I can tell you my second South Beach jacket which is pretty close has sleeve zippers that are 9" and that comes 3" short of my elbow. Good catch on the pocket zippers, never noticed that.

I'm wondering if the FR jacket has the MFP badge. Haven't noticed it yet.

If you know the inner diameter of the shotgun barrel I could calculate the approximate length of the zippers

Some awesome new stuff on TV spot. It's nice too see a few new action segments. The rasta "Sand People" BMX riders are new!

With all the talk on boots and footwear, check out a good shot of Max's MFP Rossi's at (0.45)

https://youtu.be/Lnx_topfRXU

And not sure if any of you also saw the Mexican FR segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snh5znoHpSM&feature=youtu.be

There is a clean but quick shot of his UA boots at about .20 on the reel.

I'm still waiting for some shots of the Vagabond version!!!

Hey guys, love the thread. I am putting together this costume myself and I am wondering if anyone has addressed the pants he is wearing? Any info would be very helpful. Also the clear tube sitting on his shoulder is a nebulizer tube, the ends are a dead give away. Not sure if that was already address but here is a picture.medquip-neb-tubing__86374.gif

I wish I could help on the scaling. I can tell you my second South Beach jacket which is pretty close has sleeve zippers that are 9" and that comes 3" short of my elbow. Good catch on the pocket zippers, never noticed that.

I'm wondering if the FR jacket has the MFP badge. Haven't noticed it yet.

Another detail that gets unnoticed is the sleeve shoulder seam. South Beach has double stitching there but the stitching should be done on the inside of the jacket so there is no visible stitching on the outside. It should just be a clean seam. The double stitching should be around the bottom waist of the jacket going up along the zippers to the collar and lapel, and the seam across the back. The sides of the jacket, sleeves and the seam below the collar should be single stitching.

Some reference for you guys.
Jacket%20details%204_zpsqvpf8eib.png

Jacket%20details%206_zpskh5dsijk.png

Jacket%20detailsA_zpspalhwhum.png

Zipper%20details%202A_zpsa6vdymzk.png

Jacket%20details%2021A_zpshngsijhb.png

These are all details I want to get done exact which is why I want to work with a seamstress locally to insure that. Just the length of the zippers are throwing me off. I've been also working on a template for the pants with the V shape stitching in the back.

If you know the inner diameter of the shotgun barrel I could calculate the approximate length of the zippers
Unfortunately I have no idea. I was trying to compare by the width of the belts and even the belt loops on the pants but I'm not sure what's the width on those. I may just leave it up to the tailor.

Now I know why they chose these boots. They're extremely comfortable. I'm a boot guy and these feel like I'm wearing sneakers. I might even get a pair in black now because I like them so much. :D
DSC04337A_zpsmnjhxunm.jpg

DSC04353A_zpsvj0fuql5.jpg

DSC04348A_zpswzeb5lba.jpg

Also here's the new trailer. Amazing!

Some screenshots I took showing some details.
SC1_zpssz1aocyr.jpg

10_zpsk06xtvsf.jpg

11_zpsfcxgdgci.jpg

13_zpsehpqksfe.jpg

Untitled-1_zpsakdro8rn.jpg

14_zpsrmac8ubn.jpg

I plan on going over it again and grabbing some shots of the other characters. Lots of interesting costumes in this movie!

Those boots look nice. Can't wait to get mine.

That trailer is the best so far. Can't believe we have to wait another month and a half.

Is that a tan condor pouch i see on the bottom left side of the battle jacket? lol Well, at least we'll have options to look SA.

Is that a tan condor pouch i see on the bottom left side of the battle jacket? lol Well, at least we'll have options to look SA.

I was looking at that too. You can see some faint signs of black on the sides so it could just be heavily weathered. Even some parts of the jacket and pants look tan with all the sand and weathering. Amazing trailer though. Hope the movie does well enough to give us sequels! Definitely looks like a blockbuster.

Now I know why they chose these boots. They're extremely comfortable. I'm a boot guy and these feel like I'm wearing sneakers. I might even get a pair in black now because I like them so much. :D

I'm sure it's in this massive thread somehwere, but what kind of boots are they, if you don't mind?

Does anyone have any clean new shots from the new trailer of the shoulder pad rig - particular the back??

The consensus used to be that the over-all pad style is very similar to RR, but in one shot I was able to pause on the new segment it looks like the backing pattern might be somewhat different. There haven't been that many clean rear shots of Hardy wearing his jacket but without the vest.

Anyone have any ideas? I have the rawlings plate, but not the leather padding under it. Does the new version also have the strap that goes under the armpit area?

I think the design and layout of the pad, and how it sits on the jacket itself, will be key to getting the battle vest to lie flush and not flare out at the top.

Does anyone have any clean new shots from the new trailer of the shoulder pad rig - particular the back??

The consensus used to be that the over-all pad style is very similar to RR, but in one shot I was able to pause on the new segment it looks like the backing pattern might be somewhat different. There haven't been that many clean rear shots of Hardy wearing his jacket but without the vest.

Anyone have any ideas? I have the rawlings plate, but not the leather padding under it. Does the new version also have the strap that goes under the armpit area?

I think the design and layout of the pad, and how it sits on the jacket itself, will be key to getting the battle vest to lie flush and not flare out at the top.

It has slight differences from Road Warrior from what I can tell. The padding that sticks out the shoulder under the plate looks to have a more triangular shape than the other movies. It does have the strap under the armpit though. The stitching in the front also seems to be slightly higher and more round too.
Pad%20and%20plate%202_zps1rz1pepb.jpg

Pad%20and%20plate%203_zpsrhtbzpea.jpg

Shoulder%20Plate%203_zpshqbbu8qu.jpg

Pad%20and%20plate_zps6veeuicj.jpg

Pad%20and%20plate%202_zps1rz1pepb.jpg

Pad%20and%20plate%203_zpsrhtbzpea.jpg

Shoulder%20Plate%203_zpshqbbu8qu.jpg

Pad%20and%20plate_zps6veeuicj.jpg

If we consider the inner barrel diameter to be 11/16, I calculated that the "sliding" segment on the pocket zipper should be about 6.25" (plus the the hidden portions).
Clip_2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back