Limited Run Machined mystery wedge, lens focusing knobs and other macro-binoculars parts

eethan, I'm referring to the one from the Eumig.

I bought my parts piece by piece over 5 years, and am missing this bit.
ok then,
please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just making sure because I already had several people in the past that asked me this and didn't know where to find that button as it's hidden by default. If you already knew, I'm sorry :)
you can find the black button and its silver base under the front plate of the eumig, after disassembling it:
Eumig_2_01.jpg

when you disassemble it, you get that whole thing:
DSC01547.jpg

this can then be put on my aluminium turned support, my support is not there to mimic the silver part of the button, it will be hidden by the actual Eumig button.

if you are missing this button completely, I guess this is something I could 3D print in resin, however, I would need a bit more people requesting it as I have so many other things that need to be done at the moment!
cheers

I was very excited about the button support on the wedge because the silver part of this is not super sturdy. I would not say flimsy but not sturdy either so that is a great addition.

1653585412914.png

So I am modifying some close enough lenses. However at my best it will never be absolute so,....

If you could knock out some fully functional, exact metal replicas of the 660 lens for cheap I would appreciate it.

Let me knw when those are ready.

Hey guys.
worked a bit on prototping those damn minuscule adjusting knobs today again. We are getting closer even though it's still not fully opperational yet. I planned everything in Maya this morning, rotations and all and I ended up with a half knurl on one side after doing the curve on the bottom. So, I have to investigate that.
once again, they are crazy complex to do, I'm doing my best and I'm getting close but still no promises, and no promises on a dirt cheap price if I manage to do them properly :)

ok, so, first off, I had to turn a new centering CM2 thingy for my rotating table so I could have a long rod going through it and avoid working with short length and waste material. Aluminium instead of steel, but it still does the job and it is more practical now :)
IMG_20220526_164659.jpg

doing the curve on the bottom of the part, crazy setup here, can't see everything but the head of the mill is rotated 50°. the piece is chucked into the rotating table and held by my smaller mill vice to avoid vibrations, now it works well, but the vibrations were crazy before that even though it's just 6cm out of the chuck. This will be the maximum I can do in one go, 4 small knobs each time I think.
IMG_20220526_184907.jpg

after that, putting it in the lathe for the next opperations:
1653586520057.jpg

my new phone is super cool for that, it has a "super macro" lens that works a charm, I couldn't do that with the camera when I tried yesterday :)
IMG_20220526_190303.jpg

ok, and here is a comparison with a "good" resin casted knob. I think it will be an improvement :)
IMG_20220526_191449.jpg

IMG_20220526_191514.jpg

I hope you'll like it :) and I hope I can offer it! :)
cheers

ok then,
please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just making sure because I already had several people in the past that asked me this and didn't know where to find that button as it's hidden by default. If you already knew, I'm sorry :)
you can find the black button and its silver base under the front plate of the eumig, after disassembling it:
View attachment 1579182
when you disassemble it, you get that whole thing:
View attachment 1579183

this can then be put on my aluminium turned support, my support is not there to mimic the silver part of the button, it will be hidden by the actual Eumig button.

if you are missing this button completely, I guess this is something I could 3D print in resin, however, I would need a bit more people requesting it as I have so many other things that need to be done at the moment!
cheers
If only it were that easy.

About 8-12 years ago I bought a built up macro from a friend. At the time we didn't know about the black knob, so mine doesn't have it.

I have replaced about everything, Jerry's most excellent multi-part resin lenses, etc.

Replaced into a box of parts more like it.

Perhaps someone else has a resin knob if you don't get to it.
I'll purchase the triangle now anyway ;)

Hello guys,
I almost abandoned this morning after a few failures and 2 broken lathe carbide tips. (I broke 4 in total since I have the lathe...) but I have some good news now!

The Lenses focusins knobs are a GO!
I still need to find screws, which will not be easy I guess, but the machining is doable now that I figured out everything!

after doing the knurling and bottom curvature on the mill, there was still the issue of parting the small pieces from the rod and doing the bevel and clean face on the other side of the knob. that is what was super problematic this morning. I finally used the mill's chuck inside the lathe chuck to hold the very small semi-cylinder pieces properly, and i'm now able to turn each face clean and do a consistent bevel on each face!
here is the chuck in chuck action:
IMG_20220527_114219.jpg

IMG_20220527_114250.jpg

the first 4 prototypes:
IMG_20220527_120700.jpg

and I now started on the actual run!
IMG_20220527_170839.jpg

here are a few close ups (the lens is a cast and I think it's a bit shrunken, hence why the focusing knobs might seem a bit long on it.):
IMG_20220527_171416.jpg

IMG_20220527_171423.jpg

IMG_20220527_171432.jpg

here comes the fun part!
The best I can do for those so far is 15€ a piece
that is 30€ for a set of 2 focusing knobs

I hope this is not too much, those are extremely tiny and super complex to do. I won't go into details and justify myself, but this is the actual amount it costs me to produce 50 of them. If there is a crazy interest in the next couple days for those, I can lower a bit the price by doing more right away. But this will be the cost for now :)

I'll update the main page with the official infos so it's up to date as well and everything is in one place.
I hope you guys will be happy that I'm able to offer those parts and that your macros will look shiny with those tiny jewels on top :)
cheers

Be gentle when you drill holes in my knobs. :lol: :love::D:p:D

Ironically I am not a crude guy, I don't like crudeness, jokes that are crude, etc.. I can not explain why I think this is so funny.

Simple mind I guess.

Returning to discussing knobs, are we sure Luke has two on each lens, The pics I have are not great, but don't seam to show them with two???

If he only has two that would save me some knob money. See what I did there?

I think the best proof of that, since we never see both buttons at the same time, I think, are those two photos of the same scene:
MB450_macrobinoculars.png

Screenshot Left Side-Dial.jpg

it pretty much confirms it 100% :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back