machined custom stunt sabers

DarthJRW

Well-Known Member
hey guys

here are some stunt sabers that i made for a fanfilm that starts filming friday. As you can tell they arent the prettiest things but they work :D these ones hae already seen some action but there are many backups

http://img414.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10009260sk.jpg

Top one is anakins stunt ;)

please comment

i also machine customs but they look far better than theese :)

i will post set and costume images soon

DarthJRW
 

p0sitr0nic

Well-Known Member
Nice small pic, but the sabers look good.

After seeing a screen used Windu stunt, i realised just how crappy the production stunts were. xD
 

DarthJRW

Well-Known Member
ya i kno but im making a new batch that look 100 times better, i'll post them were there finished

as for the pic i will resize it :D
 

Sporak

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
What are they made from? They look to me painted...
Do you have any closer shots?

Have fun :)
 

DarthJRW

Well-Known Member
they are wood :p they are painted and i will post better pics soon, gotta finish this other batch

also the blades are iron golf club shafts if you set them on top of a smaller rod they are the perfect length :D




Originally posted by Sporak@Feb 22 2006, 04:45 PM
What are they made from? They look to me painted...
Do you have any closer shots?

Have fun :)
[snapback]1190862[/snapback]​
 

DarthJRW

Well-Known Member
heres 2 new pics one of a hero prop, and the one with 3 stunts the one in the middle was just finished

just click on the pics to enlarge

more to come :D








the fan film is about the duel between Cin Drallig and Anakin and a younger jedi
it takes place in the jedi temple, the script was finished last night :)
 

Sporak

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Thanks ...

Great stunts...
I'd like to see the one in the top pic developed into a hero..maybe in metal.

So, are we seeing the original in wood and a resin on the top? (Anakins)
 

DarthJRW

Well-Known Member
no there all wood :D

and that one is a hero.....well at least in this movie :$





Originally posted by Sporak@Feb 23 2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks ...

Great stunts...
I'd like to see the one in the top pic developed into a hero..maybe in metal.

So, are we seeing the original in wood and a resin on the top? (Anakins)
[snapback]1191804[/snapback]​
 

DarthJRW

Well-Known Member
ya but do you have any suggestions on how to make them???

Originally posted by ~Sal~@Feb 23 2006, 08:16 PM
Looks good, you should add some bunny ears to the Anakin though,
[snapback]1191870[/snapback]​
 

p0sitr0nic

Well-Known Member
Styrene? Or a resin casting of that specific piece?

I made "ears" for my PVC graflex by cutting up an altoids tin, and shaping it with pliars... cheap, ugly, but effective. Especially for a stunt.
 

DarthJRW

Well-Known Member
good idea :D


Originally posted by p0sitr0nic@Feb 24 2006, 04:14 PM
Styrene?  Or a resin casting of that specific piece?

I made "ears" for my PVC graflex by cutting up an altoids tin, and shaping it with pliars... cheap, ugly, but effective. Especially for a stunt.
[snapback]1192677[/snapback]​
 
Top