Done / Completed Luke's TLJ «CreepyUncle» hilt - SOLD OUT

Re: Luke Skywalker's TLJ «CreepyUncle» Lightsaber Pre-order

Yes, but IMO the best option would be no anodize. I’m sure Luke didn’t anodize his saber in the cave either ;)
I’m all for anodizing the black rings but I really see little to no problem with the rest being raw aluminium. Are people going to use this in extreme corrosive environments since it’s of such importance?

The brass is going to age and oxidize anyway, why not let the rest of the saber age too?

So this saber will be shiny forever - and we all know who like shiny, pristine things - The Empire, that’s who! - Y’all don’t belong to the dark side I hope? ;-p

Sorry for wasting everybody’s time with my constant looped bickering. While I do respect this choice I don’t think it’s the right one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree because Luke had this saber for a long time and so would not be shiny and pristine. I think if the aluminium was left natural and just the black parts adonised black, it would be best so that it can be weathered/aged as much as people want to make it

This is looking really good and without all the fancy "gullwing" stuff the new Parks/Korbanth hilt has.If shipping is not to high,Im probably in for one or two.Thanks!

What is the overall length of hilt and diameter of grenade section?

The sample will be exactly anodized in steel gray. Then I'll decide what to do with the rest

The incoming parts are looking real good though, I really appreciate what you’re doing here! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little more

IMG_1592.jpgIMG_1591.jpgIMG_1589.jpg

Looks great! Is the clamp card channel going to be aluminum or brass?
It is made of brass, don't know why it has the same color with the box on this photo. It will be the same color as brass neck.
I think bad lighting and camera did their thing.neck

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back