Limited Run Luke V2 Builder's Kit update post 64

I was looking at the Rudy Pando's V3 chassis made by GOTH Designs and I think it would be a good contender for this V2 but I dont really have proper measurements to make sure... whatcha think?

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 12.38.27 PM.png

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/goth-customsabers?section=C13+-+Rudy+Pando&s=0

I was looking at the Rudy Pando's V3 chassis made by GOTH Designs and I think it would be a good contender for this V2 but I dont really have proper measurements to make sure... whatcha think?

View attachment 849076

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/goth-customsabers?section=C13+-+Rudy+Pando&s=0
Did some quick checking on mine and it looks like it could fit, although you'd probably have to shave down the cone knob screw. The ID of the pommel (2.97cm) is smaller than the booster, and the ID of the grenade is ~2.8cm (my calipers didn't reach so I had to find something that just barely fit, and a lighter at 2.77cm across did the trick). The booster and pommel should be just long enough, too, although that I couldn't measure exactly

Last edited:
Did some quick checking on mine and it looks like it could fit, although you'd probably have to shave down the cone knob screw. The ID of the pommel (2.97cm) is smaller than the booster, and the ID of the grenade is ~2.8cm (my calipers didn't reach so I had to find something that just barely fit, and a lighter at 2.77cm across did the trick). The booster and pommel should be just long enough, too, although that I couldn't measure exactly
]

thats sounds great! thanks for taking the time and measuring the I.D.! this may be a strong contender for a crystal chamber reveal ;)

PM sent to inquire if any kits are available.

these look amazing all of you posting pics! I just found the thread last night, so fingers crossed Dan still has some available.

I got in on Rudies V3 (shared stunt) a year or so ago, but have always admired and wanted a really nice accurate V2 to display with it.

Super excited to get my hands on one of these! I’ve needed to replace my not so great V2 with one of these from Dan!

I know for this project I need the mystery chunk, clamp, Wanna Wanga lever and maybe stencil set? Anything I am forgetting?

Super excited to get my hands on one of these! I’ve needed to replace my not so great V2 with one of these from Dan!

I know for this project I need the mystery chunk, clamp, Wanna Wanga lever and maybe stencil set? Anything I am forgetting?

I think you should look at halliwax's tutorials. There's a few taps,drills, and possibly grub screws you might need. Depending on which V2 (EpIV or or EpVI) you want to tackle, there are options to make a spinning emitter. Halliwax also has a special chemical he recommends for darkening the aluminum parts to age/weather the hilt. I just ordered a mystery chunk from Dann. It's 1/4" - 20 threaded. The leather tool mystery chunk Anakin Starkiller recommended needs heavy modification so i didn't order it. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
What is the purpose/function of the mystery chunk? Did it secure the pommel? Or was it just a greebly (not sure if I spelled that correctly).

What is the purpose/function of the mystery chunk? Did it secure the pommel? Or was it just a greebly (not sure if I spelled that correctly).

A randomly selected part to fill a hole in the pommel

The hole in the pommel was originally drilled to have the power wires come out from the electric motor inside, ran up the actors arm, and down to his belt where a battery pack was mounted

e8e82fcf7415d94a35bdd77c8c7b84ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back