Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Darn, I must’ve misread your earlier post. Thought you guys had a lead on a supply. How rare are we taking?

You did not misread. We are HOPING to secure a supply of surplus from the original company. teecrooz and I are both trying to get a hold of them. As of now neither of us have gotten a response yet.

the specimens "in the wild" are extremely rare.

You did not misread. We are HOPING to secure a supply of surplus from the original company. teecrooz and I are both trying to get a hold of them. As of now neither of us have gotten a response yet.

the specimens "in the wild" are extremely rare.

Oh good, I’m not crazy. In that case I’ll continue to keep my fingers crossed. Good luck and keep fighting the good fight!

Obviously without disclosing the source, would the original company even still have product this old, even as surplus? I remember someone here tried something similar with the Otis elevator company with the 1970s circuit boards and they were looked at like they had 2 heads.

While on the topic of the mystery chunk, is there any plans from any of our vetted vendors here to reproduce them?

I'm planning on getting them in production for sure. In steel, like the original.

Obviously without disclosing the source, would the original company even still have product this old, even as surplus? I remember someone here tried something similar with the Otis elevator company with the 1970s circuit boards and they were looked at like they had 2 heads.

Yeah, I believe this was SethS! Haha. They looked strange at him indeed!

I feel like it would be akin to walking into a Honda dealership, going to the service department, and asking them if they had a knob shifter for an 82 Civic.

I feel like it would be akin to walking into a Honda dealership, going to the service department, and asking them if they had a knob shifter for an 82 Civic.

Yep. That is about right. But also twofold. Even if we cannot procure a supply, they may have additional information ABOUT it. Which I would think the community also would love to know.

I am pretty sure I know WHICH factory actually produced it and during which period of time. And after that the products that used surplus elements.

But this is all sleuthing by teecrooz and I as support for Bryan and his find.

Bryan may decide to move forward on the reveal given our inability to procure a supply so far. At least the information can be helpful to the community, and as roygilsing is producing modern remakes I expect we'll have to make do with that.

Ultimately that is BRRogers' call.

IMG_7408.GIF

Or something heavy above the object that gets slid around. A "foot" for some kind furniture or perhaps for heavy equipment (more likely since you don't want such things to slide around, and this part is knurled.)
This post is particularly funny now - you were right on track!

Just scrolling through YouTube watching some old V2 videos this morning. The first picture shows where we were 11 years ago. It gives me sooo much respect for how far this community has come! Research from Dan, Roy, Scott, Aaron, and many others Another thing is those STENCILS! Seriously the old paint jobs vs. the new ones aren’t even comparable....thank you so much Trent!
Last Photo Credit to Halliwax!

Attachments

• D7AB6BEA-FCC9-4DAF-805B-62680336FE9A.png
    D7AB6BEA-FCC9-4DAF-805B-62680336FE9A.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 280
  • FD154F97-2190-4DC2-9BDE-101F2F397E0C.jpeg
    FD154F97-2190-4DC2-9BDE-101F2F397E0C.jpeg
    720.7 KB · Views: 282

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back