Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

I'm surprised no one's screen-capped this yet, but there's a full shot of the Obi-Wan dummy that Vader slices with a stunt saber in pretty good detail, at 24:58, in the first episode of the ILM documentary mini-series.

Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 11.42.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 11.43.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 11.43.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 11.44.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 11.44.23 PM.png

I watched this recently and what picked up my attention is that the wind vane looked brown/copper that I have not noticed on the other lower quality documentaries where the whole hilt just looks black. On your screenshot it also does not look that brown though, I'm not sure why the difference, so I'm posting a couple that I grabbed:
1660580455501.png

Could the method of affixing the saber to the Obi-Wan dummy explain the long clamp lever?
It's just very curious to me that this is the only saber that has one.

Yuppp, I don’t think the prop team came up with those levers.. I think the clamp came that way now

I agree. If the anecdote from Roger Christian is to be believed--him finding a box of flash handles to use at a resale shop--the lever would've likely already came as-is on the the clamp. A modification made by somebody years before it was sold.

The V2 was in Yuma for at least one shot, when Luke catches the saber. It's one of the best photos we have of the V2.

All the ignited sabers were the smaller 1.25" that eventually became the hero.
I KNEW IT! I had so many people saying the V2 is not in the "Jabba Sail Barge" sequence, and I was like "Look at when he catches it, it's the goddamn V2 in all it's glory. That's the version of the V2 that I built over the last couple years. It's absolutely perfect, 100% screen accurate to that scene, with it being cleaner than everyone seems to try to achieve when building V2s. All original parts, and the newest (and last) addition, a proper boot stud in place of the awful "Mystery Chunk" they've been selling forever. I never cared what the V2 looks like now, I wanted it to look exactly like it did when Luke caught it. It's hands down my favourite Lightsaber hilt in all of Star Wars. It's a static hilt, that I never plan to do anything else too it. It's literally perfect. I did just get an 89 Sabers Anakin "Skinnyflex", fully installed with everything. Gnarly dueling blade, Profile board with every sound effect/font out there, every colour, it's the greatest working Lightsaber I've ever had. I sold my Hasbro Force FX Anakin saber because by comparison, the 89 Sabers is like a ******* vintage Ferrari, and the Hasbro saber is like... like a Dodge Dart or some other ****** car that's constantly about to break down at any moment. Not to mention how blatantly inaccurate and FAT that Hasbro Anakin hilt is. There's just something about that Anakin Skinnyflex, it's the smoothest, most comfortable hilt of all the sabers I've ever heald. It's the coolest thing ever. Next up is building my 89 Sabers RotJ Luke Hero hilt. I love my V2 but I gotta have a proper Hero next to it on my shelf. Then Vader's RotJ Hilt, I've gotta get one of those to go next to the Episode 4 Vader hilt I built. May the Force be with you? -

I KNEW IT! I had so many people saying the V2 is not in the "Jabba Sail Barge" sequence, and I was like "Look at when he catches it, it's the goddamn V2 in all it's glory. That's the version of the V2 that I built over the last couple years. It's absolutely perfect, 100% screen accurate to that scene, with it being cleaner than everyone seems to try to achieve when building V2s. All original parts, and the newest (and last) addition, a proper boot stud in place of the awful "Mystery Chunk" they've been selling forever. I never cared what the V2 looks like now, I wanted it to look exactly like it did when Luke caught it. It's hands down my favourite Lightsaber hilt in all of Star Wars. It's a static hilt, that I never plan to do anything else too it. It's literally perfect. I did just get an 89 Sabers Anakin "Skinnyflex", fully installed with everything. Gnarly dueling blade, Profile board with every sound effect/font out there, every colour, it's the greatest working Lightsaber I've ever had. I sold my Hasbro Force FX Anakin saber because by comparison, the 89 Sabers is like a ******* vintage Ferrari, and the Hasbro saber is like... like a Dodge Dart or some other ****** car that's constantly about to break down at any moment. Not to mention how blatantly inaccurate and FAT that Hasbro Anakin hilt is. There's just something about that Anakin Skinnyflex, it's the smoothest, most comfortable hilt of all the sabers I've ever heald. It's the coolest thing ever. Next up is building my 89 Sabers RotJ Luke Hero hilt. I love my V2 but I gotta have a proper Hero next to it on my shelf. Then Vader's RotJ Hilt, I've gotta get one of those to go next to the Episode 4 Vader hilt I built. May the Force be with you? -
89 sabers’ Luke Hero is a recast of our own boards’ Anakin Starkiller Hero (unless it’s an older version).
For clarity and consideration; we support the enthusiasm but not 89 Sabers tactics as they’ve been known to cast other vendors with long heritage on this board.

Sorry That’s my PSA carry on

It may also help to note that (unless I'm mistaken) the close ups were shot on soundstage in the UK afterwards. The Obi Wan stunts were notably available in the UK, due to the dueling choreography. The Yuma was machined for stunt use in the US (I don't remember who exactly made the hilt) and they brought rubber/resin versions of the Obi Wan stunts

89 sabers’ Luke Hero is a recast of our own boards’ Anakin Starkiller Hero (unless it’s an older version).
For clarity and consideration; we support the enthusiasm but not 89 Sabers tactics as they’ve been known to cast other vendors with long heritage on this board.

Sorry That’s my PSA carry on
I stand with Bryan, this is therpf we do not support recasting

It may also help to note that (unless I'm mistaken) the close ups were shot on soundstage in the UK afterwards. The Obi Wan stunts were notably available in the UK, due to the dueling choreography. The Yuma was machined for stunt use in the US (I don't remember who exactly made the hilt) and they brought rubber/resin versions of the Obi Wan stunts

Tom, is 1000% correct, the v2 was not there in the yuma desert.. with editing we are lead to believe it..

That's crap that 89Sabers does recasting. I never knew that about them and now I'm really displeased I have a Graflex on order...

At least I chose correctly for my ROTJ Luke sabers with the KR x OR Eco Hero and the Veracity Labs x 7 Chambers V2.

UK was wrapped when they were shooting in Yuma. They didn't go back.
Now, if you want to say when Luke catches the saber it's a later pickup done elsewhere, like the roof of ILM or something, it isn't impossible. Just blue sky behind him and Chewie in that shot. But it wouldn't be the UK.

This is what bothers me.. the books have told us this was shot on a stage.. back ground looks like yuma to me..

But every time I mention it, I’m told that it was on a stage
97A77392-5554-487C-8B9D-06ED327124E5.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back