Limited Run Luke ROTJ Hero Lightsaber Kit.( Run closed )

How wide does the copper tape need to be? Would 1/4 inch be wide enough?

Well, it looks like the makeshift etching tank will work and the top sliding circuit board will be made from actual circuit board material.
The lines are cut on a vinyl cutter and attached to the circuit board material and then etched.
I wanted to try to make it like the original so I'm pretty happy with the results.
The copper finish on the edges of the control box top was achieved by cutting copper foil tape and applying it. The results were great and the tape can be found on ebay
or you can simply paint it.
The following four pics are a kit with simple painting of the grenade and a little painting on the control box.
I must say that I am very pleased with how the control box turned out, it really mimics the original casting loaned to me.
If the etching goes well, I should be able to begin shipping early next week.

View attachment 676834
View attachment 676836
View attachment 676837
View attachment 676839

Am i the only one who got emotional over this? Ive longed for a ROTJ Luke since my EE was sold long ago. Definately my number 1 saber. I am so glad Gary has done this.

This is by far the best run i have ever been in on-possibly one of the best saber productions in the history of the RPF :)

I have to come here at least once per day to look at the latest pictures. So excited. I want to finish it when I get it. I second the question above. Is 1/4" tape sufficient for the copper tape?

1/4 inch is fine.
I will be picking up the remainder of the sabers tomorrow and will begin packing and shipping soon.
If you are international, the shipping charge is 30.00 via the post office. All international members please send the shipping to b9factory@verizon.net. Sent as a friend is better.
In the payment please include your board name, real name and shipping address.
That way I can compare this payment to your payment of the saber to insure it gets to the right place.
Thanks for the patience guys, I truly hope you like the end result.

1/4 inch is fine.
I will be picking up the remainder of the sabers tomorrow and will begin packing and shipping soon.
If you are international, the shipping charge is 30.00 via the post office. All international members please send the shipping to b9factory@verizon.net. Sent as a friend is better.
That way I can compare this payment to your payment of the saber to insure it gets to the right place.

I have ordered two, is it still $30 (international)?

1/4 inch is fine.

Great news!
I don't quite understand this bit; "If you are international, the shipping charge is 30.00 via the post office. All international members please send the shipping to b9factory@verizon.net. Sent as a friend is better."

Can someone clarify this for me?
Many thanks in advance!

Great news!
I don't quite understand this bit; "If you are international, the shipping charge is 30.00 via the post office. All international members please send the shipping to b9factory@verizon.net. Sent as a friend is better."

Can someone clarify this for me?
Many thanks in advance!

Send 30 USD to the paypal address he posted. He'd appreciate a "gift" payment (friends & family) so no attdl. fees apply to your payment (unlike a "goods" payment).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back