Luke ROTJ CUTAWAY (*Added more pics*)

wow... :eek

i love what you did with the space you had.

and i really like how the pommel looks as though it serves a purpose other than turning a sink on, it looks like it dissapates heat or... something...

very nice work. :thumbsup :thumbsup

If ever someone on this planet was a true Jedi...damn that is amazing. Gorgeous and unique work, thank you for sharing these masterpieces with us.

i have to admit, when i first saw the topic and saw the resin castings stuff i thought "man... this is gonna kinda suck".

i have been proven VERY wrong. damn this is one awesome looking saber. i really like the 3d look to the emitters core, and i even dig the little rods and tubes around the middle cylinder. i think my favorite part has to be the crystal holder though. the emitter is cool, but that one section just looks.... cool.

damned good job on this. very impressive work and one hell of a build. cant wait to see what you have coming up next.

chris

Haha, well when I started this it was really kind of experimental. I wasn't sure that I could make the casting look good enough so it could've easily ended up "kinda sucking". The stuff the shell is made out of is not just "regular" resin and was pretty brittle until I lined it with copper, since I had to keep it thin.

Oldken, that was my thinking- that the pommel is the power core and therefore needs to bleed off heat.

I really appreciate the support guys. I just can't say it enough times. The RPF is one of the best places on the 'net. We may argue about folding maps and stuff sometimes but the support given to builders and collectors here is special. :thumbsup

Ok, enough with the blubbering, here are a couple more shots:

Alternate lighting.
b2_1.jpg

No lighting.
b2_2.jpg

Not sure why I like this shot.
b2_3.jpg

The macro lens is making my hand look huge.
b2_4.jpg

I snapped a new shot of the emitter lit up today. Maybe it's a bit too subtle?
b2_6.jpg

Another side shot.
b2_5.jpg

That's absolutely amazing.
Wish I could do that... I'm not even good enough building a non-movie lightsaber from the outside. :cry

Good job. :thumbsup

Thanks again all.

I've just put it up on ebay (My first ever sell there so I hope I didn't do anything screwey, haha. Spent a couple hours working on the text to make it clear.) There's a link in the JY. Wish me luck so I can afford a couple of the cool replicas coming out soon.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darkside @ Feb 1 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]1409328[/snapback]</div>
what is the next saber?
All your saber are outstanding looking forward for new ones
[/b]

It's looking like it will be a Sidious and after that hopefully a Mace Windu... maybe another (upgraded) ROTJ Vader somewhere in there too. We'll see. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(joatrash @ Feb 1 2007, 12:51 PM) [snapback]1409518[/snapback]</div>
Thanks again all.

I've just put it up on ebay (My first ever sell there so I hope I didn't do anything screwey, haha. Spent a couple hours working on the text to make it clear.) There's a link in the JY. Wish me luck so I can afford a couple of the cool replicas coming out soon.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darkside @ Feb 1 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]1409328[/snapback]
what is the next saber?
All your saber are outstanding looking forward for new ones
[/b]

It's looking like it will be a Sidious and after that hopefully a Mace Windu... maybe another (upgraded) ROTJ Vader somewhere in there too. We'll see. :)
[/b][/quote]

yeah, man you did somethin screwy.

your not supposed to list REAL weopons.

you need to take out the crystal, and put an orange plug in the end. :lol

seriously though, should go for a pretty penny. (deffinately worth it.) good luck man. B)

This saber is amazing. If I had the money...
I look forward to seeing your work on Sidious' saber, as it's one of the best designs, in my opinion.

You know... I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or two... if MR are still doing sabers... they'll have to put orange plugs in them.

However the Sidious turns out... I'm gonna have to reach real deep into my hat to find the bunny on that one. I'm thinkin' real old-school steampunk with details that look like the jaws of an insect or something... I want it o look old and dignified but still kinda creepy in some way.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back