Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica. Finished Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica. First fur photo

Wow. Love it. The face is just brilliant. The fur looks great. Love the props too!

Sorry for the delay in putting the pics up, I've been in a field for 3 days.....dont ask????

1.jpg

2.jpg

T in the Park? Oxegen? :)

This has turned out to be just incredible Guy.

Keep the updates and pics coming

Cheers Chris

Both mate, & this weekend is no better (travel wise) Slovakia, Switzerland & Turkey in 3 days. Sounds mental cos it is, but i wouldn't change it for the world....well maybe? Not that I've got a Lex Luther complex :confused

Wow. Love it. The face is just brilliant. The fur looks great. Love the props too!

It will be a special day when I open the box with this in it, a real John Hammond moment :lol

Just had a chat with Jim & the hopefully I should be able to put pics up of the new look Luke, its all material with resin head Hands & feet, It still needs dying to grey it up but the actual sewing & tailoring is all complete, cant wait to to see it.

Over all there is not much left to do now, harness, blaster/saber weathering, Taun hands & Fur spots here & there. We are so close now I can taste it.

Great to talk to you as always Jim.

As promised

DSC00986.jpg

DSC00985.jpg

DSC00984.jpg

DSC00983.jpg

DSC00982.jpg

DSC00981.jpg

This looks so much better than the silicone version & Jim states that its articulation has improved greatly as well, just needs to be dyed then have the belt details added.

It looks fantastic mate.

Re: Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica. New Luke V2

"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside..."

LOL, just kidding. It's marvelous work, Guy! Jim's affinity for this work is incredible.

Now That is just incredible work!. The fur looks absolutely amazing, it's just like looking at the actual prop!. Can't wait to see the final touches to her.

Stu

Guy, Jim, New Luke is top class..(y)thumbsup
IMHO far better than the V1.. together they look just spot on ..
hope to cuddle one very soon :love
cheers

Holy snap! I hadn't checked this thread in a while. This looks unbelievable. That fur looks so well-scaled and applied. Awesome job!

Hector

This is one of the coolest projects I've seen on the RPF! Excellent work to all those involved!

Now when do we see the test footage with this thing running across the tundra?

Sean

This is one of the coolest projects I've seen on the RPF! Excellent work to all those involved!

Now when do we see the test footage with this thing running across the tundra?

Sean

Funny you should say that, when this all began last Oct, one of the first company's I approached was a local animation studio that have made award winning short films, TV commercials etc, they weren't able to help me other than advice but I have kept in touch with the CEO, & I'm hoping that when I take it over for them to ogg'le that they will be able to do a quick movie for me. This will take a lot of charm & i have got bundles of it when I need it so fingers crossed?

The V2 is incredible Guy, it looks really to be taken from the Archives !

The V2 is incredible Guy, it looks really to be taken from the Archives !

Thanks J, it is a really exciting time for me right now, not too long till I have it in hand. I'm also excited as I finnish work for the year quite soon & am going to be building all day everyday till the new year (with a bit of luck). I'm going to attempt a scratch of my own design as well. I may well be seeing you in December if you are around, may be planning a secret trip for me & Michelle.

Wow you're lucky ! How many models will you do lol You're so fast !
Looking forward if you ever get a movie with your Tauntaun...
That's great you'll scratch something of your own... Will it be sci-fi or even star wars related or something totally different ?

Sure Ill be here in december, we'll drink some beers while Michelle and Sophie are shopping ! :lol

My to do list is quite long at the moment mate

2 shuttles
1 B wing
2 X wing
2 Sith infiltrater's
1 PD pod
1 Probe Droid
1 scratch (Si Fi)
Re paint MR AT-AT
Re paint MR Falcon
Hopefully 2 SS Snowspeeder's (Gort)
Randy Cooper sandcrawler

& then in week 2 I'll be doing....................Joke

I'll let you know if the trip happens mate.

Last edited:

My to do list is quite long at the moment mate

2 shuttles
1 B wing
2 X wing
2 Sith infiltrater's
1 PD pod
1 Probe Droid
1 scratch (Si Fi)
Re paint MR AT-AT
Re paint MR Falcon
Hopefully 2 SS Snowspeeder's (Gort)

& then in week 2 I'll be doing....................Joke

I'll let you know if the trip happens mate.

Now I know you're crazy. Or a machine. Or maybe both !

Found this pic on that Facebook page. A real testement to the quality of this project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back