Luke Macro Help

damon5973

OK...I have most of the parts but now, what do I do? I have a palte from russ coming. how do I connect the flip up viewer??? What greeblie buttons go where?

help please.......

Hey Brad,

If I remember, I glued the viewer to the body and reused some of the screws to help secure it. I'll post updated pics of my viewer later this evening to show you where the knobs go.

The large knob hasn't been positively identified and the box on the opposite side is a complete guess and open to all interpretation.

-Fred

I think Killdozer pretty much nailed the prop with his replica.
The black box is still a mystery, but I'm pretty sure that the large knob is solved.
It's from a Shanghai camera which has two large dials on it - the largest was used on the Hero macros while the smaller was used on the Stunt. It is easier to positively ID the smaller dial on the Stunt and the large dial matches the look and dimensions for the Hero. As KD used I believe the center of the large knob is a dial from a Bell Howell 220 (silver face brown/red crossbar- not the all brown dial variation). The body of the Bell Howell 220 may be the base for the Stunt macros.
One small difference to KD's replica - I think one of the small knobs on the side came from the Shanghai and not the Kalimar (the lower one that sticks out further).

I still need to build mine, but I have all the parts.

Well, here are the updated pics, as promised

macros-finished-3A.jpg

macros-finished-2A.jpg

Macros-finished-1A.jpg

Hope they help

-Fred

ok much better. I still cannot figure out how the what the black box is that holds teh viewer? is it just cut off of the kalimar camrea?

and how did you get the black box of fthe eumig? are there screws somewhere?

AND lastly...what does the aurebesh say?? nice add on with that......

The "black box" around the viewer is nothing more than some thin styrene painted black and glued on to the viewer sides. I just did it to make it look more realistic. But other than that, the viewer is completely stock.

If I remember correctly (and I'm probably not), the black box from the front of the eumig just pops off. But it has been a long time since I've built one of these....

As for the aurebesh, the side dial says "MAGNIFICATION" and counts from 1 - 10 in aurebesh. The top label reads "POWER CELL".

I also have a graphic of the two banthas inside the viewer that you can see here:

macros-010A.jpg

Enjoy

-Fred

Love it, Fred. Your macros are one of my favourite buildups.

Here's how I did my "black box". It's sheet aluminum (don't recall the gauge... standard flashing from the hardware store auto department). You could bend it easily on a metal brake, but I didn't have access to one; I just used a vise, a block of wood and a hammer, and epoxied the bent frame into shape.

lonepigeon may be right about the smaller side knobs being from the Seagull-- I've been wrong before. Here's an exploded view of the large Seagull knob and the B&H crossbar; and a view with the small Seagull knobs:

I should also point out that the lip built into the top edge of the transition box is unnecessary if you have the chrome fitting from a proper 660. I didn't.

There's also some debate as to the crossbar. I'm happy with the B&H, but there remain a lot of unclear details from the available resources.

KD

Hey,
does anyone have the templates for the black box ?
I´ve tried to contact Killdozer but his last activity was in Dec2009 !?
Thanks in advance

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back