Limited Run LTD RUN: Studio Scale Y-Wing Nurnies, Limited to 30 Sets

I got my order yesterday, and these parts are amazing! These cut the cost of SS Y-Wing build in a huge way.

Thanks for the super fast delivery.

C

UPDATE -- Change of Summer Plans means I'll have until/through the 4th of July weekend to make castings. So if anyone needs Y-Wing greeblies before September, I can probably squeeze in 3 more complete sets to the existing orders. These will ship out on/about the 4th of July. PM for PayPal details if interested.

Seriously - if you're going to build a y-wing over the summer grab these castings before he goes on vacation. I started adding up the kit costs to get all these nurnies and these casts are a waaaay cheaper method of getting parts.

Now if I can just get some time to get started on my y-wing :)

C

MIne arrived the other day! And even though I got the 'seconds' they are really handy! I'd already spent a small fortune buying original kits/castings/3D prints, so these were to fill in the holes I had. Wish I would have ordered 6 months ago instead :D If you are making a Y or even thinking about it, order a set!

L

Top Bloke!!! Anyone on the side lines should really think about getting these. Received mine today and the premium casts are wonderfully crisp and detailed. Thank you Read!

Scratch that Sealab offering --- Masterpiece Models has just now offered it as a full kit, and they'll do a much better job than I can, so get your Sealab needs met by clicking here.

Last edited:
Still making complete sets of Y-Wing parts, and now have pretty much everything you need for all versions of Y-Wing. My sets now include everything you need, EXCEPT the following:
Nacelle Tie-Down Clips (need 8, recommend Shapeways)
T-bar (order direct from Plastruct)
Rear Vectrals (and interior vertical/horizontal fins)
Front Nacelles (L'eggs pantyhose containers -- I have these if you want to purchase, but they are not included in this set)
Y-Wing Engine nurnies (I do have my own mold of this, and include a few of them in your set, but you'll need 10 or more and so I recommend Masterpiece Models Y-Engine Greeblie 10-pack)

Now includes some subassembly work "already done" for you as well as "do it yourself" nurnies for sections such as:
Rear butt plate
Fuselage bulkhead
Wing root subassembly (includes 4)
Side engine-panel access door (Otaki Yamato subassembly, includes 2)
Various body section subassemblies

Thus, all told, you get enough nurnies/greeblies to build almost 2 Y-Wings, because I send you one of "everything" I've ever molded. You receive about 3 lbs of resin, and shipping is $25 domestic and $45 international.

I am so thankful that these are still available.
We ordered a set on 11/17/18. It is my Christmas present this year. Will post more once in hand.

Last edited:
A box of goodies from Studio Kitbash arrived today.

Tonight I will try to absorb and fully comprehend what was just received. Tomorrow I will show and comment on what was received. Once I do that, I will be surprised if he will have any sets left.

I highly suggest you get your order in ASAP!

For now, I will leave you with... WOW !!!

It is the day after receiving the nurnies. I have had time to try and absorb / comprehend what was received.
It was like Christmas. Because, this was my Christmas present.

Studio Kitbash spent a lot of time and funds in getting all the kits that are needed to build the 1/24 scale Y-Wing. More time and funds to make molds and then casting all of these parts. Is every part here? No. But really close. Also note that he is still looking and getting kits for parts that are still being identified.
Studio kitbash went above and beyond our expectations with the parts we received. He is a very fast at responding to emails. In our communications we learned that he is also very nice, kind and caring.

Packaging:
The parts sent are in many zip lock bags inside of a box. So do not fear that they are just loose in a box. My wife and I started sorting out the duplicates yesterday. Then we inserted them into bags to make it easier to find the parts later. We ran out of bags so to the store we go for more bags.

The First:
The parts that are 'first' have very little or no flashing. The only issue in removing the flashing is that there are so many parts (it takes a lot of time). Time that I am very willing to spend. These 'first' parts are exceptional in casting quality. Some parts even have words that can be clearly read. I can not say more as they really are that good.

The Seconds:
The 'seconds' need work. Not only in the removal of the flash (that is thicker) but fixing broken and or missing detail. Some 'seconds' are also so thin that detail is missing and or non existent. There are plenty of extras to help with this. Fixing these 'seconds' to look better will take time not to mention modeling abilities.

The Sub Assemblies:
The 'first' are better cast (quality) than the 'seconds'. The detail is sharper and little to no bubbles or extra resin is found in fine areas. From going over all of the parts included, it may be possible to not use a few of the sub assemblies. The parts needed for some of the sub assembles are included. Meaning, you can make your own sub assemblies.

Order a set ASAP !!!
If you are building a 1/24 scale Y-Wing, save yourself time (and a lot of money) by ordering a set. You will not regret it. This is a limited run. No guarantee how long these will be available. I am so happy that I did not miss out. I don't think I would build this ship if I had to not only find the kits but spend the thousands of dollars to obtain those kits. A very large percentage is done by Studio Kitbash making this not only easier but a lot more affordable.

Photos:
Some parts are still not sorted by us. A lot of them still need cleanup such as flash removed. Shown below is what we received, yours may be different in casting, quality and quantity.

0108191236a_HDR.jpg

0108191236b_HDR.jpg
0108191237_HDR.jpg
0108191237a_HDR.jpg
0108191237b_HDR.jpg

Out of town traveling from May 16 to August 16 for summer 2019. Outstanding orders shipped before I depart. All new orders will need to wait until mid-August to wait for production to begin. Thanks for your patience.

Meanwhile, greeblie sets are now more complete, and more accurate, than ever before thanks to a.) new subassemblies being cast as one casting rather than as individual pieces, and b.) some "mystery greeblies" finally arriving in original form so I can mold them for you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back