Lost in Space Crash Sequence "Work Print"

MARK M3

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just a simple work print of a SPFX Sequence featuring my model work and practical effects. Of course it still needs some clean up here and there(wire removal) but it’s getting there. The video features two models. A 9.6" Gemini 12 and the interior of a Moebius 1:35 Jupiter 2. It was edited together several days ago. I thought there would be some interest in how it was put together. Thanks!

Please scroll down to post #19!

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Just great! The problem is now I want a Jupiter 2 Kit...and where will I put it? Oh well to have these kind of problems!

Some screen captures of the current scene!!
A731E2D7-9348-498E-9951-327934A470C9.jpeg
2B055AAC-3A76-4C92-9FD4-6BF83D72A819.jpeg
F23181BC-8871-46B1-8365-9C582F61D52D.jpeg
27EF7A63-4EBD-4881-A8F4-0C80907C861E.jpeg

Where did you film this? Are the rocks natural or did you make those too?
LOL! I filmed it in my back yard! The rocks and such come from my collection of photos from the actual filming site!Some generously given to me by John Eaves! However, I am debating on scratch building the pinnacle you see in the final photograph to scale. To film this at the actual filming site would be impractical...1 I am on the East Cost and the original stuff was filmed in California and 2, if if forced perspective was applied the model is only 1/5 the size of the actual 4' miniature used in the original.

LOL! I filmed it in my back yard! The rocks and such come from my collection of photos from the actual filming site!Some generously given to me by John Eaves! However, I am debating on scratch building the pinnacle you see in the final photograph to scale. To film this at the actual filming site would be impractical...1 I am on the East Cost and the original stuff was filmed in California and 2, if if forced perspective was applied the model is only 1/5 the size of the actual 4' miniature used in the original.
Ah gotcha. Was watching on my phone and didnt notice it was a composite shot! Nice job. I'd be interested in knowing how you do the wire removal? Im sure things have come a long way since I dabbled in After Effects etc like 20 years ago!

Great stuff...just a trick to make sure your next sequence blends nicely with the other:
The first sequence : shot from the cockpit with exterior rocks + background has a slight problem; the shot seems to stop and then switches to the saucer flying over the same rocks. To avoid such stop in the movement of the sequence, I usually called for "Action" making sure there was a movement before I started filming the model/action sequence. That way you shot will be more seamless with the continuity of the action;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back