Lost Hunter Borg. Finished Page2 14/04/12

Usurper

Well this will be my last Lost Hunter for a while, i was quite fond of my open mouth attempt at Borg, so figured id have another go with a closed mouth.

Pics again will show a basic path of how i painted this.

To start i prosaided the mask, then i WHITE base coated ONLY the areas that were going to be in the lighter colour spectrum, ie the white and yellow areas.

Then i sprayed the rest using DARK GREEN thinned 50/50 with isopropynol, and roughly sprayed out the majority of the green area on the main part of the head.

that is what i have done here. Notice that the green looks very different on raw latex, than it does on the parts where there was a white base coat, this does not bother me in the slightest as the green will be darker in most of this paint up.

b1.jpg

Then i used Yellow Ocre with a couple of drops of antelope brown ( just to darken it up alittle ) and went randomly over the white areas, some gentle shading was also done on the cheaks, again this is just roughly putting down where i think it needs to go.

b2.jpg

Now this last picture looks like there are a few more layers of green put on, in fact there is only a random misting of black in places, NO other green at all from the above 2 pics.
it sinks the green down alot and will hopefully give some shading when i do the darkest green in the next day or so,

b3.jpg

Thats where it stands today, hopefully i wil get a hour or so tomorrow, then i will get the green to where i want it, then i will break up the yellow on the edges of the crown with some off white. then i can start marking out the forehead pattern before moving onto the rest of his ugly mug.

as always i am using FW inks.

Awesome work so far lee.Nothing better than FW inks,as i use them all the time for my paintings.Never tried mixing with isopropynol,just distilled water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys.

Hopefully i do him justice when hes finished.

Carss66 , yeah i red that isopropynol was best, although i also remember someone mixing alittle water with the isopropynol also. I have tried water in the past, and definately prefer isopropynol.

Thanks guys.

Hopefully i do him justice when hes finished.

Carss66 , yeah i red that isopropynol was best, although i also remember someone mixing alittle water with the isopropynol also. I have tried water in the past, and definately prefer isopropynol.
Dose it not stink?

errrr alittle, but i do not smell it much when using it to be honest. and the layering and translucency i am learning to get is worth it.

gota keep trying to learn new things and get better. :)

awesome work again lee, you putting this one up for sale or you keeping it? i also have no idea why my laptop is underlining everything i write.

great work so far Lee, looking forward to more shots.
mike hit "ctrl +u" and it should fix your underline problem..

cheers

lol thanks my laptop was updating and it goes wonky at times. but yes lee definately waiting for more pics and details on how you are painting it up

I should be able to do some more tomorrow, hopefully get most of the main forehead done. I am enjoying my painting again.

now if i could get my ass moving on the sculpting side of things also.............

Yeah im trying to get back into my pred groove lol.

Ankle is ok, i can put my full weight on it now, so back to work tomorrow, i spent enough time laid up with my knee last year to want to spend anymore time off my feet grrr.

Off out to paint for a couple of hours, ( found my hydraulic chair to sit on yay ) Update mid afternoon.

Unsure at the moment, but it will be one of those yes...................AFTER i finish my P1 legs and right hand.

Anyhoooooooo

Borg......... ignore the above as i obviously dd not folllow my own schedule. I realised after i had done the dark greens and the red inlays on the forehead horns, that overlaying the yellow may be risky if the ink is wet, so i went onto the cheaks, and then as i made too much red i did the mouth before moving onto the greens on the cheaks.

This is where it stands for today, then i will do the yellow pattern on the forehead, ( which will have to be tweaked as my sculpt is obviously not the same shape as the film one. ) then some final shading and touch ups, and then the teeth i guess.

Oh i added Rusty sienna into the green. to darken it.

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

b6.jpg

Thanks Guys.

I think i will be darkening him up alittle more in general, maybe even slightly more towards the olive green specturm, to try somehow make the green look natural lol.

I guess i will be ble to tell more when all the details are done.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back