Looking to make wolverine claws, any tips?

TFrosst

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Can someone give me a few pointers on making my own set of wolverine claws? Perhaps a drawing of the correct shape/size? I havn't decided what i'll be making these out of yet but i'd like some input. thanks

EDIT: Can someone post a higher res pic of the following? I believe it's a screen cap from the movie but I dont' have the DVD with me and won't have it till summer when I get home.

wolvxr4lw.jpg

This is one of the projects on my "to do" list. I plan to make them out of laminated stryrene (with a steel rib inside) like I did on a replica Spartan sword.

No progress beyond the Think' Stage...

One can easily exract a blueprint from Mike's photo in the above link. Just make one set for yourself and don't make any for sale, and I think it will be ok...

Here's one that I found awhile back...

If the original owner of this would not like it posted, please PM me and I'll remove it. I can't make out the "signature" on the bottom.

Claws.jpg

Originally posted by Noeland@Feb 17 2006, 08:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>
Looking to make wolverine claws, any tips?

YES, there should be three of them. Sharp, pointy kind. :confused

I'm sorry, bad joke.

Here are a couple things I found while googling.

http://www.dragonfyredesigns.org/claws.html

mikeclaw.jpg

<div align="right">[snapback]1187094[/snapback]</div>
[/b][/quote]
Yuck, those are terribly off, the ones I'm finishing up are much better, those look too off.
They should be apprx 9.8 inches long, and 8 mm thick. Thats if your going for an X1 version, as I did/am. Those are taken directly off a scanning one of the claws from a screen used set. 1 of 8, this pair being the ones in the wolverine/sabertooth fight in the beginning.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back