looking for help with a punisher costume

For those that want a basic rundown of disassembling and reassembling: (note used names for pieces on the parts list that came with the gun so you can ID things on the diagram easier)

1) remove front compensator screw & front sight screw, pop sight off and slide compensator off
2) remove center pin, careful because the finger guard pin & spring may want to pop out & go flying as you remove the slide & slide stop lever
3) remove grips
4) remove finger guard plate & don't loose/drop the safety guide pin
5) remove rear grip pin & slide magazine grip bumper off
6) remove rear grip by sliding it down
7) remove screw on the right side of the gun in the shaft of the ambidextrous safety shaft. Carefully wiggle the right side of the safety lever off. There is a small ball & spring under there, set them aside.
8) remove left side of safety, & grip lever (or beaver tail) will pop out. There is a spring on it, but it usually doesn't fall off its little peg. The small plastic magazine slider plate (p22) will probably fall out at this time too.
9) remove the pin that holds the hammer assembly in place & remove the assembly. You may need a punch & hammer to knock it loose. the right side of the pin is knurled so make sure hit it with the punch on the left side to knock it out.
10) remove the metal piece labeled z18 (its in front of the hammer assembly)
11) remove the magazine release. You have to use a small screw driver, push in slightly and turn maybe a 1/4 counterclockwise... there is a small slot for a catch nub that then slides out of the way and the the catch release will then slide out.
12)slide trigger out and you should have a pile of parts about like this:
DSC00616.jpg

Reassembly is basically just the reverse swapping in the silver parts (trigger, hammer, slide release lever, grip pin & safety guide pin, ambidextrous safety lever, grip lever, & mag grip bumper) Swapping over the finger guard plate to silver or leaving black is optional, I can't really tell by screen shots what color it should be. May want to paint flat black the grip arms that come up off the silver grip bumper

A few shots on the buildup process:

Here's putting the safety guide pin in place, the finger guard plate on, then putting the top slide assembly on (use a small screwdriver through the center pin hole to hold it in place), then sliding the finger guard spring & pin in the finger guard plate, put the slide release lever in place, & then push the center pin in place .
DSC00621.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

DSC00623.jpg

Pic showing the small ball & screw on the right side of the gun under the right side safety arm.
DSC00619.jpg

How the right side grip has to be modified for the safety if you use the 'colt' grips from the black KWC 1911 HPA
DSC00635.jpg

Here's both mine finished:
DSC00636.jpg

I was looking at the pictures...is that black plastic piece next to the back strap...does that go in the hand grip area under the back strap? I also had a couple pins left over and one little pin with a small spring on it...?

Im getting my second one sometime soon so I will know when i take that one apart...hopefully it doesnt just pop out on it's own again..:rolleyes

got in my second kwc...painted that up too and it looks good...someday when they become available again i'll snag a couple of the black ones and change the parts around...but paint will do till then..also bought a fabric shoulder holster for fun...i know he had one in one scene...im sure it's not screen accurate but it gives me a place for the second 45 and i put a couple spare mags from other air 45's in the mag pouch...i should have a picture up of my costume progress soon...I picked up a pair of desert sand tanker boots...armoy issue from ebay pretty cheap and then nulife'd them black...they look pretty good...could use one more coat but only on the shank which is covered by the pants anyway...

pics to come soon

here are some shots...as it looks now...still want to weather the skull and clean up the supressor tips on the 45's with some silver model paint..unless someone has a better way of getting that stubborn orange safety stuff off..

let me know what you guys think so far...
206942451-O.jpg

206942416-L.jpg

206942270-O.jpg

206942460-O.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking at the pictures...is that black plastic piece next to the back strap...does that go in the hand grip area under the back strap? I also had a couple pins left over and one little pin with a small spring on it...?

Im getting my second one sometime soon so I will know when i take that one apart...hopefully it doesnt just pop out on it's own again..:rolleyes

The black plastic piece just to the right of the handle does go under the back grip that removes via sliding it down. In the silver gun dissassembled pic it is actually flipped, the finned part goes inward and its part of the magazine guide. There should be a small tab on the frame that goes into the bottom square hold of that magazine guide piece.

Post pics of the extra pieces and I can probably ID them, but a small pin w/ a spring on the 1 end is likely the pin & spring that goes in the finger guard & rests against the slide release.

they were easier than i thought...the other pin style ones went under the little guide thats above the left side hand grip...the other pin actually helf in the hammer assembly...

The black plastic piece just to the right of the handle does go under the back grip that removes via sliding it down. In the silver gun dissassembled pic it is actually flipped, the finned part goes inward and its part of the magazine guide. There should be a small tab on the frame that goes into the bottom square hold of that magazine guide piece.

Post pics of the extra pieces and I can probably ID them, but a small pin w/ a spring on the 1 end is likely the pin & spring that goes in the finger guard & rests against the slide release.

looking for some comments on the costume..any suggestions on what i can do to bring it up without buying the vest or jacket:lolthat will come some day..but not for awhile as im still finishing my jango too so money has been tight lately

Only thing I can say is shrink that shirt up a little and try to ungather the bottoms of those BDUs so the fit over the boot better.
Nice job so far though Sith!

i thought the same thing about the shirt but i washed it twice in hot...not sure where else to go...lol...and ive been losing weight

Here's the start of my punisher outfit...
I still need to get the metal buckles and some other webbing.
Using my actual IPSC setup .45 until I get a better fake gun.
I got a movie style shirt a few years back from Hot Topic.
The pants are just some $11 walmart cargo pants for now.
Did some quick PSing for the brick and spot light until I find a good location.
punish_me.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back