Looking for design advice on a custom saber

First, I really like the design of the saber you created and I thing it looks great. If you made no other changes you've created a neat lightsaber to be proud of.

My only advice is maybe to add some fine mesh on the backside in the opening on the Graflex shroud in the red button hole and the square where the bunny ears go. To me, those opening seem random and unfinished. I would think you could go with either a contrasting color like brass, or a similar color like aluminum.

Last edited:
First, I really like the design of the saber you created and I thing it looks great. If you made no other changes you've created a neat lightsaber to be proud of.

My only advise is maybe to add some fine mesh on the backside in the opening on the Graflex shroud in the red button hole and the square where the bunny ears go. To me, those opening seem random and unfinished. I would think you could go with either a contrasting color like brass, or a similar color like aluminum.
That’s a great idea! I’ve saved some mesh somewhere..to the parts bins!

Okay everyone. A lot has happened. Grips, greeblies, I did a LOT of test fitting to see what went together, had lots of parts that fit great but didn’t nail the overall design.
View attachment 1590310
I really like the LEDs on the side, it was scary boring huge holes in the side but I successfully glued them in!

The control box… I like the raised bubbles, they feel really good in the hand, but there’s an exposed area I have to cover up. There are TI-30 buttons on it, an upside down LED and some glued in screws… I hate those pesky holes in microswitches
View attachment 1590313
Still, even with the grips it looked like a Christmas tree. The cast is SO skinny it felt off balance, so I’ve been wondering how to even out the weight. I raised the grips to leave some space at the bottom… which helped… but I tried this also

View attachment 1590311View attachment 1590312
View attachment 1590302View attachment 1590303View attachment 1590304View attachment 1590308View attachment 1590314
It really turned out well. A very Cool mix of some similar sabers. I like it a lot!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back