Looking for a convection oven for baking foam latex

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

tmatelski

Does anyone know where to get a decent priced convection oven for baking foam latex. Any info is much appreciate!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

pitchforknumb

Sr Member
I rigged up my own foam latex/spray booth out of a 5 piece box that was used to shipped vaccines with. The nice thing about this is that it comes pre-insulated so no need to add insulation foam or anything like that. For the heating element, I canabalised a toaster oven and kept all of the control panel in tact so I could use that for temperature adjustment and all of that good stuff. Here are a few pictures of what it looks like. I will be buying some insulation foam to close up the front portion of it soon.
IMG_20150624_185106791.jpgIMG_20150624_185052825.jpg

clonesix

Sr Member
Most people make their own s described above. A cheap toaster oven from the thrift store and a sheet of foil-covered insulation t make the box, is all you need.
You steal the heating element, and the thermistor (Temp Control) out of the oven and attach them to the new box. Add a thermometer, and a fan, and you're in business.