Looking for a Better Lightsaber Storage System

Dewy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I typically have 8-10 lightsabers on display around the house at any given time. The ones that aren’t on display are in a closet packaged in a large but sturdy cardboard box individually wrapped in bubble wrap. Every month or two I will rotate through my collection by swapping out some of the hilts on display with some of the hilts in storage.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a better storage system? I have ~25-30 hilts in storage at any given time, and would like to upgrade to something closer to a museum/archival quality system. Right now to find a specific saber, I have to pull the entire box out, dig around and unwrap/reward each saber until I’ve found the right one. At a minimum I’d like to upgrade to smaller stackable transparent plastic bins (5-10 sabers in each), wrapping the hilts in foam sheet, and add some desiccant to the bin. I looked into custom cut foam containers, but most of those seem to be expensive pelican style cases built for fieldwork and travel, which is overkill for this use. I could also buy several of whatever bin I want, then have some custom foam made with several 2”x12” rectangular cutouts for the hilts, has anyone done something like this?

How do you store your lightsaber? Any clever suggestions?

I use stackable wine racks, with cardboard shipping tubes that have plastic caps on the ends. Plenty of room for tissue paper and descant. Easy to label, easy to retrieve.

Last edited:
What about the kind of display stores use for fishing poles?
1604412521966.png

They might not be very gentle for archival storage, but I have my lightsabers mounted vertically on the wall with D-Cell Mag-Light clips. They fit tightly, but they're probably not doing the chrome any favors.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back