LOKI series trailer... now online!

I saw an interview with the head Marvel movie guy and he said they have been planting seeds for the multiverse since the beginning. He pretty much said the first was Samuel L Jackson playing Nick Fury, like there's the original comic Nick Fury in another timeline. I don't know if that's him being revisionist and acting like everything was planned, but cool if true.

Fans theorized that the kid in Iron Man 2 wearing the Iron Man mask was Peter Parker, then the MCU producer said "uh yeah, thats him now" And also fans wanted Loki to cast an illusion instead of dying at the hand of Thanos, then Classic Loki's story was exactly that. To an extent, they take the fans' ideas and theories and make some of it canon.

Just going through another rewatch and it occurs to me that if He Who Remains is able to jump forward and backwards from Sylvie’s attacks, and tells them that he’s able to do so because it’s all planned out……

Loki and Sylvie are NOT variants. They are on the course that had been laid for them, which means that no one is a variant.

If they truly had been variants then HWR would not have had any idea what they would be doing past their being apprehended by the TVA.

The first episode killed the story for me. I enjoy Hiddleston and the rest of the cast, but when the time travel of the avengers was planned, but the escape of Loki that was caused by this wasn't, it makes no sense.

The first episode killed the story for me. I enjoy Hiddleston and the rest of the cast, but when the time travel of the avengers was planned, but the escape of Loki that was caused by this wasn't, it makes no sense.
Have you only watched the first Episode? I don't want to spoil anything for you if that is all you have watched, but, if you watch through the season and to finale and you learn about who is behind the TVA and its other secrets, it becomes clear that in way it was planned. This Loki had to be taken by the TVA to set him on the journey to end where HWR needed/wanted him to.

Have you only watched the first Episode? I don't want to spoil anything for you if that is all you have watched, but, if you watch through the season and to finale and you learn about who is behind the TVA and its other secrets, it becomes clear that in way it was planned. This Loki had to be taken by the TVA to set him on the journey to end where HWR needed/wanted him to.
I watched all of it but this point triggered me and it wasn't really resolved. And even the timeline that spread at the end doesn't make any sense if you look what happened in endgame and how Cap changed the timeline by staying in the past. So the prime timeline the TVA tries to keep in line is already way out of line.

Well, the one issue with Cap in Endgame, is that we still don't have particularly good answer for what happened there. We see "Old Cap" at the end of Endgame, when he gives the Shield to Sam, but it's never properly explained if he lived his life and then used the Quantum Tech to come back to that point in time, from an alternate timeline, or if it is supposed to be implied that he did live out his life in the same Time Line the rest of the movie takes place in, didn't use the Quantum Tech to travel back, and he just knew to be at that place at that time.

While there are some potential issues with either scenario, I think it is all made kind of moot by the fact that the TVA doesn't really exist to keep a truly Pure Sacred Timeline. The revelation seems to be that the whole agency is just a tool of HWR to prevent the multi-verse opening up to the point that it would allow other Kangs to exist. My interpretations of "Nexus Events" changed from any event that could cause another timeline, to any event that could potentially allow enough of change to cause another Kang to come into being

It's entirely possible that Steve's Trip back to the past to live out a life with Peggy, then come back to reunite with Sam and pass on the shield was either part of HWR's plan, and the TVA couldn't very well Prune him while he is another timeline, if it is one, because he has to come back to give Sam the Shield, and then maybe they pruned it after he left. It could also be that the life Steve lived with Peggy was lived out in such a way that it did not cause a Nexus event that would create a TimeLine that allowed another Kang to come into being.

That's just kind of the inherent problem with Time Travel stories. There are always these issues. I can hand wave this one off with the logic I've given, but totally understand and respect if you can't. I've just grown to accept that Time Travel is always going to be a bit "Loosey Goosey" and it's best not to think to hard about it or you hurt your head.

Just going through another rewatch and it occurs to me that if He Who Remains is able to jump forward and backwards from Sylvie’s attacks, and tells them that he’s able to do so because it’s all planned out……

Loki and Sylvie are NOT variants. They are on the course that had been laid for them, which means that no one is a variant.

If they truly had been variants then HWR would not have had any idea what they would be doing past their being apprehended by the TVA.

When breaking the Time Keepers heads off, we hear "See..... You.... Soon...." Once inside the TVA, their "future history" was written to meet with HWR... Maybe the judge didnt receive word about what Loki/Sylvie were "supposed" to do and it was HWR's secret plan for them to meet him and she was wrong to say what they did wasnt meant to be. Every single action on screen from 2008 until now was dictated by HWR up until the threshold was crossed and only he knew what would happen next

Did Loki ever become "good loki" again in season 1?

I had to punch out from the show because it was just tooo much of loki trying to stab people in the back because "reasons".
I had already watch a dozen movies cover the character learning to be a halfway decent person, and just can't watch a tv show where he's perpetually "chaotic stupid". lol

Loki was one of my least favorite D+ shows, but I am currently doing my first rewatch of all of them. I found I liked WandaVision much more the second time around. I plan to rewatch Loki before the new season starts. Hopefully I'll like it better, also. I just absolutely cannot stand Owen Wilson. His entire personality just grates on me like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I'll have to make sure my Tempad is powered up ready for another adventure with the TVA.
Screenshot_20230801-190718.png

Screenshot_20230801-190942.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back