LOKI series trailer... now online!

My only gripe, and being philosophical here, if everything that everyone ever does is all laid out in advance, there would never be any variants.

And if you reply with, variants are planned out in advance, then again, they’re not variants.

But I absolutely loved this series.

My only gripe, and being philosophical here, if everything that everyone ever does is all laid out in advance, there would never be any variants.

And if you reply with, variants are planned out in advance, then again, they’re not variants.

I took it that it was only laid out because of He Who Remains trying to manipulate everything into the Sacred Timeline. Going forward, Free Will has been restored, therefore, the branches.

I think that's Loki's problem with it all, too. Nobody is TRULY a variant, they just happen to do something that He Who Remains doesn't like. Variants are an expected byproduct of timeline weaving, and He Who Remains trims them in fear of the other, less benevolent, Kangs in the multiverse taking notice...
and use the variants to create another Multiverse War, which is of course is exactly what has happened. He Who Remain's attempt to prevent a war has in fact caused one.

It really does beg the question of free will vs fate. Would different circumstances have yielded different results? Or were these events inevitable? The interesting thing is that He Who Remains seems to leave it ambiguous. He knows everything yet to come, yet he still could not see Sylvie's final choice.

One or several of his Variants that we will see in Doctor Strange 2 and Ant Man 3 may be deadly serious. Or this version but eons younger.

This was just one version of Kang.

Oh, I get all that. And I also understand the writers wanting to subvert expectations but did they have to make him so over the top and campy? Anyway, this show's been somewhat underwhelming for me. I loved the penultimate episode but the rest of the season was a mixed bag. It's too bad too, since of all 3 MCU shows this was the one I was looking forward to the most.

Oh, I get all that. And I also understand the writers wanting to subvert expectations but did they have to make him so over the top and campy? Anyway, this show's been somewhat underwhelming for me. I loved the penultimate episode but the rest of the season was a mixed bag. It's too bad too, since of all 3 MCU shows this was the one I was looking forward to the most.
Considering some of the more recent and upcoming Marvel movie logo designs, and even some of the title choices, I would suggest you strap yourself down. Campy is in!
jnHxvFh.jpg

JIR5O4T.jpg

e2s3SmB.jpg

G3MH774.jpg

The Love and Thunder logo almost makes me think it should say "He-Man" instead.

I liked the supporting cast, there were some decent characters and above average acting at times. Loki himself had his moments but overall was too much of a caricature, contrived and over the top. Plot was hit or miss depending on the episode. The ending left a feeling of indifference. Marvel has done better, but has also done much worse.

This all makes me wonder how this show was originally going to end when Doctor Strange 2 was supposed to come out first.

I like the campy aspect of it - I don't get too invested in stuff that takes itself too seriously. Ragnarok is my favourite MCU film by far for exactly this reason.

I liked He Who Remains - His monologue was cool, though I felt like Sylvie's final act and her general attitude in the episode was a bit...petulant?

The confusion at the end of the episode with Loki and Mobius was (y)(y)

Wonder if this is even "our" Mobius, of it it's a variant and ours is finally back where he belongs, somewhere out there on a jet ski!
So, what crossed my mind this morning is that (obviously) Mobius doesn't remember his relationship/friendship with Loki ... but beyond that, we had previously seen that Loki variants were one of the more-frequently "pruned" subjects by the TVA (and many of those variants were played by Hiddelston). And now, not only does Mobius not remember being friends with Loki, he doesn't even seem to have any idea who Loki is at all.

Weird.

I wonder what information was conveyed to Revonna ... is it possible she has become some sort of "back-up plan" for Kang, presuming things with Loki and Sylvie did not go as he hoped (as appeared to happen)?

SSB

I'm pretty sure that this variant is the one that was keeping Kang at bay, along with all the other less altruistic variants.

Mobius doesn't recognize Loki because now that Kang is the creator of the TVA, pruning Loki timelines wasn't crucial to his plan.

Just rewatched the first episode with a friend just starting it. Pretty interesting to watch after seeing the end. The Miss Minutes video while he waits in line is actually the exact same thing Kang tells them at the end, with the multiverse war and using the TVA to bring peace by trimming all timelines. Also Loki during his interview with Mobius, telling him free will and choice bring problems and people need someone to bring order to their lives, its Kang/Immortus' end goal also

He Who Remains knew that variants would be dangerous, so he created the TVA to stop branches and stop variants, because they go against his planned destination and cause a branch that cannot be contolled by H.W.R. Basically 1 variant person creates an entire variant timeline. So sending the entire timeline into the void is the only way to control it.. H.W.R. sees all in his timeline, Sylvie came into the Sacred Timeline because her timeline was wiped out.

I can't explain the reason for "Reaching the threshold" but it was a point in time where the planned destination reached an end and H.W.R could no longer see what was yet to come. So he couldnt know if he would resume, retire or be killed. What he did know was that the timeline is a loop. The TVA was created because of a multiversal war, which is now happening, so after its all said and done, a new H.W.R will come in and sort it all into the Sacred timeline.

But for now, anything goes, anyone from previous roles can appear with no need for explanation, we can get 3 Spideys, we can have Mjolnir return, we can have mutants, inhumans, literally anything is possible because H.W.R isnt dictating the choices and he isnt controlling the flow of time and he isnt keeping the other variants separate from the Sacred timeline.

He Who Remains knew that variants would be dangerous, so he created the TVA to stop branches and stop variants, because they go against his planned destination and cause a branch that cannot be contolled by H.W.R. Basically 1 variant person creates an entire variant timeline. So sending the entire timeline into the void is the only way to control it.. H.W.R. sees all in his timeline, Sylvie came into the Sacred Timeline because her timeline was wiped out.

I can't explain the reason for "Reaching the threshold" but it was a point in time where the planned destination reached an end and H.W.R could no longer see what was yet to come. So he couldnt know if he would resume, retire or be killed. What he did know was that the timeline is a loop. The TVA was created because of a multiversal war, which is now happening, so after its all said and done, a new H.W.R will come in and sort it all into the Sacred timeline.

But for now, anything goes, anyone from previous roles can appear with no need for explanation, we can get 3 Spideys, we can have Mjolnir return, we can have mutants, inhumans, literally anything is possible because H.W.R isnt dictating the choices and he isnt controlling the flow of time and he isnt keeping the other variants separate from the Sacred timeline.
Perfectly said.

Very well done.

I finished this and I gotta say I was not impressed. I watched it at night and had a hard time staying awake through each episode. I like the character, but IMO they really didn't get to show what makes Loki a fun character in the movies.

I finished this and I gotta say I was not impressed. I watched it at night and had a hard time staying awake through each episode. I like the character, but IMO they really didn't get to show what makes Loki a fun character in the movies.

This actually clears up Loki's actions and intentions behind them throughout the MCU

Sooooo, there's this popular theory going around. If you watch the ending of WandaVision at the same time as the ending of Loki, "reaching the threshold" is caused by Wanda using her full potential and changes reality, also causing the multiverse/infinite branches. There's a red stream expanding throughout the branches behind HWR and many are saying its Wanda searching for her kids.

Also, on Disney+ you can click an option to view all MCU content in chronological order, starting with TFA, then next is Captain Marvel, etc. But they place Loki before Wandavision. Loki ends with the branches going crazy, WandaVision ends a few scenes after she takes Agatha down, so the end credits where Wanda is hearing her kids, she is searching the multiverse for them!

I saw an interview with the head Marvel movie guy and he said they have been planting seeds for the multiverse since the beginning. He pretty much said the first was Samuel L Jackson playing Nick Fury, like there's the original comic Nick Fury in another timeline. I don't know if that's him being revisionist and acting like everything was planned, but cool if true.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back