Lms Gabriel's Gun Baton

Octo props

Hi! I’m James from OctoProps, and this is my first post on the RPF and my first time writing a post about my props so please bear with me. Ok let’s get down to business. So I am working on again baton from Last Man Standing: Killbook of a Bounty Hunter (LMS for short)by Dan Luvisi for a buddy of mine that is going to be cosplaying Gabriel from LMS at anime north in Toronto.

IMG_1011.jpg
So the weapon that the character is wielding here is the version of the gun baton I’m going to make. Since the gun baton gets cut off in the photograph I am going to have to make up the rest of the design (the end of the shroud, the barrel and the muzzle).

First, I started by measuring how long the prop should be and with a few references I came up with 50'', after sizing it to the handle that I have which is about 1 ft. and with a little bit more scaling I got a few templates made up for the magwell and the receiver.
IMG_1015.jpg

The template on the left is for the sides of the body (8.5") and the one on the right is for the front and back (4")(The back piece gets modified later on.
IMG_1017.jpg
I then transferred the templates on to 1/4 MDF and cut them out with my scroll saw
IMG_1018.jpg
Then with the pieces cut out I cut the two sidepieces in two to make the angled side and I modified the front and back by cutting holes out for the PVC pipe and the sword handle. I also cut the back to match the rest of the magwell.
IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg
Now for gluing all the parts together
IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg
Now to cut out the top and glue it
IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg
Once the glue has dried its time to Bondo and sand
IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg
I will be posting updates as soon as more work is done on it.

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! I’m James from OctoProps, and thisis my first post on the RPF and my first time writing a post about my props soplease bear with me. Ok let’s get down to business. So I am working on agun baton from Last Man Standing: Killbook of a Bounty Hunter (LMS for short)by Dan Luvisi for a buddy of mine that is going to be cosplaying Gabriel fromLMS at anime north in Toronto.

View attachment 436937
So the weapon that the character iswielding here is the version of the gun baton I’m going to make. Since the gunbaton gets cut off in the photograph I am going to have to make up the rest ofthe design (the end of the shroud, the barrel and the muzzle).

First, I started by measuring how long the propshould be and with a few references I came up with 50'', after sizing it to thehandle that I have which is about 1 ft. and with a little bit more scaling Igot a few templates made up for the magwell and the receiver.
View attachment 436941
The template on the left is for the sides of thebody (8.5") and the one on the right is for the front and back (4")(The back piece gets modified later on.
View attachment 436943
I then transferred the templates on to 1/4 MDF and cut them out with my scroll saw
View attachment 436944
Then with the pieces cut out I cut the two sidepieces in two to make the angled side and I modified the front and back bycutting holes out for the PVC pipe and the sword handle. I also cut theback to match the rest of the magwell.
View attachment 436946

View attachment 436949
Now for gluing all the parts together
View attachment 436950

View attachment 436951
Now to cut out the top and glue it
View attachment 436953

View attachment 436952
Once the glue has dried its time to Bondo and sand
View attachment 436954

View attachment 436955
I will be posting updates as soon asmore work is done on it.

None of your picture links are working for me. can't see them.

Last edited by a moderator:
!!Update!!

Started working on the magazine while the magwell is being glued to the barrel.

I started with a template for the sides (6.5'' x 4.5'') and the front/back (6.5'' x 1.5'') of the magazine.
IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg
Then I cut out the pieces and i also cut the centers of the sides for the Plexiglas
IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg
After that was all done it was time to put it all together
IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

More updates to come.

!!Update!!

The glue dried dried last night but had a few issues with the handle having to support the weight of the gun and the glue wasn't cutting it but everything has worked out and I also sanded the magazine today and added the hand grip
IMG_1050.jpgIMG_1048.jpgIMG_1049.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back