Lionsgate Developing American Psycho Remake

Well hell, the movie was made over 10 years ago. Hardly anyone was even around way back then. Its about time, I say!

I tell you, give it another decade or so, and all Hollywood will be doing is making the same films over and over again.

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!! American Psycho was perfect the way it was! It was probably one of the best films of 2000, and it was done without the typical corporate BS (remember when Oliver Stone was set to direct and Leo DiCaprio was going to star? That was the studio's interference. It was just luck that Leo and Stone both dropped out, so that it fell back into the hands of Mary Harron, who treated the material with respect). If its not broke, don't fix it. It's THAT simple.

I wish they would leave these 'cults' films alone. You are simply not going to better American Psycho no matter who you cast. I also hear that Hollywood is wanting to remake Oldboy also....oh please no !

I wish they would leave these 'cults' films alone. You are simply not going to better American Psycho no matter who you cast. I also hear that Hollywood is wanting to remake Oldboy also....oh please no !

Yeah, I heard that too. With Spielberg directing and Will Smith starring.

But I totally agree, Hollywood needs to leave American Psycho alone.

Is this culture of remaking films , a reflection of a lack of investment in up and coming writers. Surely there are some awesome script writers out there who just want to empty their heads of awesome ideas and story lines.

This is the one Bale movie I liked. And Hollywood is wondering why this is the worst month at the box office in years.

It's a done deal. Directed by Spike Lee and starring Josh Brolin

Old Boy (2012) - IMDb

So, I guess people disliked the idea of Spielberg and Smith being involved that they both changed their minds about doing it. Too bad Lee and Brolin can't do the same. Granted, both are interesting talent and have done good individually, but both of them for an Oldboy remake? Not sure about them.

AmericanPsychoBatemanDance.gif

No. I'm not excited.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back