Lining the lasers up!!!

Belfast Neil

Spent well over an hour on Friday night trying to get the lasers lined up and glued together but gave up. How do you guys get them lined up and fixed into that position. I tried hot glue as you can hold the lasers in place whilst it hardens but there is just too much give in it so they ene dup all over the show. Aby guidance on how to do it and what to use is much appreciated.

ok im no expert but here it goes. are u gluing them on mask one at a time or gluing them first then ataching all 3 to mask??? if it was me, i would use some clay to get them where i want them since clay will be easy to work with. just a little bit of clay .after i get them where i want,hot glue them ,then remove clay... i hope that help a bit. also i think someone in here sells a little plastic piece with 3 holes in it to attach them.

Biohunter76 or Uratz would probably be able to answer this for you. I know biohunter sales them installed into a resin tri laser tip. Hope this helps.

ok im no expert but here it goes. are u gluing them on mask one at a time or gluing them first then ataching all 3 to mask??? if it was me, i would use some clay to get them where i want them since clay will be easy to work with. just a little bit of clay .after i get them where i want,hot glue them ,then remove clay... i hope that help a bit. also i think someone in here sells a little plastic piece with 3 holes in it to attach them.

Actually tried the clay approach and there is just too much movement in the glue. I have the resin piece you mentioned but it is a flat base so doesn't help with getting them lined up. It is literally fractions of a mm and is the most frustrating thing I've done on my entire build!

I'll try try Mike or Casey, thanks guys.

to belfast neil

did you get the tri laser piece from don jarr of here or on ebay

what i did was drill the diameter of the laser diode into the back of the resin tri-laser then put the laser in the back

now they did not aline right up so you will still need to glue then but it helped alot

gs

to belfast neil

did you get the tri laser piece from don jarr of here or on ebay

what i did was drill the diameter of the laser diode into the back of the resin tri-laser then put the laser in the back

now they did not aline right up so you will still need to glue then but it helped alot

gs

Casey's Wolf has the shroud already moulded into it so would be all but impossible to drill now. Good idea though.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back