Lightsaber build hep?

KayleeJade

Jr Member
I am hoping someone might have some insight on how to take this apart, and point me in the direction of how to do the modifications I want to do.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423696699.473555.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423696710.839367.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423696721.740191.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423696733.056797.jpg
It does not light up or make sound (though I want to add both). I picked this one because the hilt is smaller and fits in my hand better than the other's I've tried.
I attempted to unscrew the end and it appears as if it is glued. Anyone played with this before?

I'm a leaf on the wind.

I'm a leaf on the wind.

Hey

Is this one of those hasbro toys? Any glue can be loosened with heat (boiling water or a blow dryer) but don't forget a hacksaw! These things aren't made well and can easily be cut a part.

What sort of Mods are you looking for?

Assuming you're in the states...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Darth-Vader-Ultimate-FX-Lightsaber-Toy/37079524

Either buy and use this instead (and you should... MUCH MUCH CHEAPER then redoing the whole thing)

or gut it, and just see how they installed the lights and sound, and transfer over.

But really, just buy that one. :D

Pull the "blade" out of the other one, and then you can have a static hilt for hanging off belts as well...

I looked at those and the hilt is too big for my hands (I have small hands to begin with and that saber makes it look as if a child is holding it). But pulling the innards out might be a good alternative. Is it possible to replace the regular AA batteries with something smaller? I believe it takes three.

I'm a leaf on the wind.

Any tips on how to attach this once I finish it? I'm looking for something that would allow for a quick release for stage performance, but also something that will stay in place while walking the convention floor as well as some possible quick movements. I'm almost thinking of two systems, one a magnet system (but could that mess with the electronics inside?) and the other a clip so the saber can hang from the D ring.

Robin

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back