Lifesize PVC Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton - Finished!

Hands are finished already? I would think that they would take as long as the rest of the Endo combined.

Awesome job. Very inspirational.

Now that you've given him a hand job, is he gonna get some head?

Hands are finished and attached.

And you have the pistons on the hips attached as well.

Amazing!

attachment.php

Did you count how many individual parts so far?

That is an awesome shirt too BTW.

cavx, if I had to make a rough guess, I would estimate the part count would be somewhere 5000 to 6000 - all made by hand. I don't remember one instance where I saw something I could use in this project without having to alter it in some way. Innovation, imagination, and above all - determination are what got me through. Thanks for all the gracious comments.

Re: Lifesize Terminator T-800 Build

I'm hoping to have the knee joints finished and attached this weekend. I will post photos soon. As for painting, I'm learning as I go. I made a pvc E-11 blaster last year and I used a grey primer and gloss black spray paint. No issues, but I think I should have used a clear coat also. If you want to use pvc as your medium - be prepared for the massive amounts of dust it creates and wear a proper respirator. I've made such slow progress on this project because I work long hours and only have weekends to work on it. I bought a T-800 papercraft model CD that I use as a reference for detailing. The photos on the CD are great. Thanks for following.
I bought the same cd off ebay, and can't wait for it to arrive. I also downloaded your plans, and can't wait to start building the legs.

Hey there! I'm George and I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I'm currently working on a scratch-built T-800 endoskeleton. I started this project in November of 2013. My goal is to build the entire body with PVC pipe. I've attached a couple of photos to show some of my progress. I was test-fittng the parts when these photos were taken and they're not all cemented yet. Happy to be here!View attachment 301630View attachment 301631
Hey again,
You mentioned for me to send you a private message, but I'm new to this site and not sure how to do that yet. They don't let me put my email address in here for some weird reason. You said you would send me some plans. Are those the ones you made up or the ones off the cd you bought? I'd love to get a set of yours because your T-800 is absolutely out of this world.

I'm using designs from a papercraft T-800 CD for reference. I've had to make all my own templates. All rough-looking edges will be sanded smooth before final cementing and painting.

Scott again,
How did you make the pelvis if you don't mind me asking?

And you have the pistons on the hips attached as well.

Amazing!

attachment.jpg

Did you count how many individual parts so far?

That is an awesome shirt too BTW.

Hello,
I'm starting to gather up as much pvc pipe as possible, but have a question about the knees. Did you use pvc caps, and if so, what size, and where did you purchase them? I can't seem to find any that have flat tops. Eagerly waiting for your reply. Iowadude41@yahoo.com

I'm hoping to have the knee joints finished and attached this weekend. I will post photos soon. As for painting, I'm learning as I go. I made a pvc E-11 blaster last year and I used a grey primer and gloss black spray paint. No issues, but I think I should have used a clear coat also. If you want to use pvc as your medium - be prepared for the massive amounts of dust it creates and wear a proper respirator. I've made such slow progress on this project because I work long hours and only have weekends to work on it. I bought a T-800 papercraft model CD that I use as a reference for detailing. The photos on the CD are great. Thanks for following.

Hey it's Scott. Do you have your own build plans for the knee, and thigh? I got the CD in the mail the other day, and I like what it has to offer, but I'm trying to figure out just what size of pvc caps to buy for the knee, and the lower thigh joints?

Re: Lifesize Terminator T-800 Build - WIP

Finally found some time to get back to my project. Made some progress on the thigh pieces. Still have a lot to do. Probably the worst thing about working with PVC is that it's only 1/8" thick, so for parts like the thighs - I have to cement several pieces together to achieve not only the desired thickness, but also the extra rigidity. More to come.View attachment 321588
I noticed in this pic you have 4 pvc caps and 2 round parts at the top. I'm guessing the 4 caps at the bottom are 4" diameter sch 40 pvc caps? I haven't quite figured out what the top ones are. Can you advice please? Thx

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back