Lifesize PVC Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton - Finished!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

GaryArm

Re: Lifesize Terminator T-800 Build

The leg looks very good. I will have to thinking about doing one now in PVC
I have done many props with the PVC pipe and found that if you give the surface a sanding it will give the paint something to grip onto. Plus I like to use automotive paint as they already have acetone in it to grip to the surface.:)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

cavx

Master Member
Use a rag and wipe the PVC surface with acetone. It roughs the surface without needing to sand and the paint will stick.

GaryArm

intrusting I will have to try this out , it will save me a lot of work and time
I have a job coming up to make a large fake front facade of an old fairground Calliope

this prop will require a lot of PVC pipe
I have been a maker for over 40 years and there is always different methods to learn, you never know it all
:)

Thanks
Gary

Last edited by a moderator:

terranewf

Finished front spine cover and did some painting today. IMG_00002153.jpg IMG_00002158.jpg

terranewf

I'm estimating to have the endo body finished in about a month from now and then I can start on the skull. I started this project in November of 2013 and I'm excited to be nearing the finish line.

terranewf

Thank you very much, Sean. It's almost hard to believe that 21 months went so fast. It's been both stressful and fun and I've learned a lot about working with PVC. I've made some mistakes that people will surely notice and I can only hope they forgive me - I'm only a novice at prop making.

joberg

Master Member
Holy:eek How come I've missed that thread? Unbelievable...in PVC to boot! Excellent work on that prop: Pro-Job for sure:cool

Sean

Sr Member
Thank you very much, Sean. It's almost hard to believe that 21 months went so fast. It's been both stressful and fun and I've learned a lot about working with PVC. I've made some mistakes that people will surely notice and I can only hope they forgive me - I'm only a novice at prop making.

Your very welcome terranewf. I think It's a very topnotch job. and If your a novice. I'm an single cell organism.:thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.