Lifesize PVC Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton - Finished!

Re: Lifesize Terminator T-800 Build

The leg looks very good. I will have to thinking about doing one now in PVC
I have done many props with the PVC pipe and found that if you give the surface a sanding it will give the paint something to grip onto. Plus I like to use automotive paint as they already have acetone in it to grip to the surface.:)

Use a rag and wipe the PVC surface with acetone. It roughs the surface without needing to sand and the paint will stick.

intrusting I will have to try this out , it will save me a lot of work and time
I have a job coming up to make a large fake front facade of an old fairground Calliope

this prop will require a lot of PVC pipe
I have been a maker for over 40 years and there is always different methods to learn, you never know it all
:)

Thanks
Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished front spine cover and did some painting today. IMG_00002153.jpgIMG_00002158.jpg

I'm estimating to have the endo body finished in about a month from now and then I can start on the skull. I started this project in November of 2013 and I'm excited to be nearing the finish line.

Thank you very much, Sean. It's almost hard to believe that 21 months went so fast. It's been both stressful and fun and I've learned a lot about working with PVC. I've made some mistakes that people will surely notice and I can only hope they forgive me - I'm only a novice at prop making.

Holy:eek How come I've missed that thread? Unbelievable...in PVC to boot! Excellent work on that prop: Pro-Job for sure:cool

Thank you very much, Sean. It's almost hard to believe that 21 months went so fast. It's been both stressful and fun and I've learned a lot about working with PVC. I've made some mistakes that people will surely notice and I can only hope they forgive me - I'm only a novice at prop making.

Your very welcome terranewf. I think It's a very topnotch job. and If your a novice. I'm an single cell organism.:thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back