Lifesize Predator Display / WIP

Re: Lifesize Predator Bust / WIP

Holy Crap that is sick as hell . I want that in my office Now!!!!!!!!! amazing work

How about having that raised foot resting on the head of a dead Alien? Maybe??

Heh-heh. I DO have an Aliens head, but it's too nice to cannabalize. Maybe if I found a cheap casting . . .

Right now, I'm looking at a similar stance as this:

10670-sspredstatue.jpg

The arms will be positioned differently and he won't be holding the skull, but that's something like what I'm hoping for.

And if anyone is interested in the half-shell torso in my first pics, I'm letting that go since I was able to obtain a foam filled resin replacment. $180 would get it, and it's an affordable upgrade from displaying a head by itself.

He's going to look really really good what ever you put under the foot (y)thumbsup

Little update. Testfitting of the old head on the resin torso, plus inclusion of P1 style hands. 99% of the Predator 1's out there have P2 hands because that's what originally came with the kits that were produced and subseqently recast. But again, mine are P1's :)

11477-pred-wip-018.jpg

Other changes and modifiications . . .

My friend and fellow RPFer (who shall remain nameless unless he wishes it to be put out there what great Pred work he does) also modified the eyesockets.

One flaw in the castings derived from Stan Winston studios is that the right eye, as you're looking at it, is set higher than the other. The eyes are much too open also. The eye sockets on mine were resculpted to remedy this. These pics show the head tilted a little to the left, so the one on the right still looks a little higher, but it isn't. The eyes are perfectly seated also, so the gaze can be modified however I want. I'm thinking I'll add in something on the inside that will allow them to stay in place but still be rotated whenever the mood strikes me to change their position.

11478-eyesockets.jpg

Another mod:

When the original castings came out of Stan W. Studios, they didn't have the leather strapping / chest harness cast in. From what we gather, this was a seperate piece on the costume. The artist sculpted in a harness strap set up, but one of the things he did was to sculpt a strap going down the side of the torso. I know where he got the idea that there was a strap there. There's a dark stripe on the costume there, that he must have assumed was part of the harness. It isn't. It's a material seam where the netting joins up.

I'll be replicating that part later when I do the netting. Meanwhile, I requested that the sculpted leather strapping running down the side be removed from the casting. This is being filled in and resculpted.

My hope is for uber accuracy on this one. Not just yet another Predator display.

11479-predside.jpg

I got the go ahead to give credit where credit is due. Bob Farmer (Bobfett) is doing the prep work on this guy for me.

It's not widely known, but Bob sculpted some really nice P1 gauntlet blades some years ago that got recast out the %#$(&(&#. If you have some good gaunt blades instead of just the tips sticking out of your blade gauntlet, you've probably got some recasts of Bob's.

Bob is revising those blades, however, and making them even more perfect, and I'll have a set of his V2 on my display. How cool is that?!

Thanks, PH. I'm sure you recognize the awesome head!

It fits like a glove on the torso, and small tweaks are making it pop. Anxious to see this thing through to completion, and then I'm going to pit my 1:1 Predator up against my 1:1 Boba Fett and see who comes out on top. Who are we kidding, it would be the Predator, but it would be a good fight.

Last edited:

More Predator goodness:

11501-pred-wip-013.jpg

The blade gauntlet will be rotated to a more natural position also.

He's looking awesome!! comming together nicely (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Who's the fella on the table there??

:)

Thanks, Carsten. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with when you get yours rolling.

Anyone need a set of hands? I have a set of P2 that I won't be needing.

What I DO need is a resin or fiberglass backpack for the cannon. Got the cannon itself, but if anyone has a spare backpack, please drop me a line.

More of Bob's progress . . .

Predator unarmed:

11569-predunarmed.jpg

And rearmed with the blade gauntlet rotated to the correct position:

11570-rearmed.jpg

Also, in anticipation of things to come, here is a sample pic of a painted Predator from the guy who I secured to do the final paintwork on the body:

11571-predpaint.jpg

There will be some tweaking suggestions that I'll be making when it comes to the painting of mine, but there's no doubt Joe can do nice Pred paintwork.

I will be doing all the detail and tweaking, netting, skull trophy assembly, quill work, base, etc., so counting PredatrHuntr, Bob, Joe, and myself, four people will have been involved in the assembly of this beast before everything is said and done. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back