Life-sized steel Buster sword anyone?

Dope

It's exactly 6' tall and weighs 44lbs. I used hardened steel for the blade and sharpened it (took 3 days just for that). Total time investment was somewhere around 50 hours, not too horrible for my first attempt.

ptdUz2a.jpg

niyxmVU.jpg

AA6AZRy.jpg

6rwOFqu.jpg

(For comparison, I am 6'3" 230lbs)

In-game (if you never played):
Dissidia-BusterSword-1.png

latest?cb=20100922110945.jpg

Dope

Last edited:
Nice work and the weight of that thing will serve you well in the zombie Apoc (or the other apoc that is not to far away)
My only complaint is with your stance when swinging. :p

Are you going to try making the multiblade buster sword next?

Nice work and the weight of that thing will serve you well in the zombie Apoc (or the other apoc that is not to far away)
My only complaint is with your stance when swinging. :p

Are you going to try making the multiblade buster sword next?

Honest question, what is wrong with my stance? That was literally the first time I've ever swung a sword (nevermind a 44lb sword).

As to the multi-piece buster sword, probably not. I'm not even sure if it's actually feasible to do so. Right now I'm making Guts' Dragonslayer from Berserk but I will probably make other Buster variants in the future (the one from crisis core and the new one from the ff7 remake).

Dope

Honest question, what is wrong with my stance? That was literally the first time I've ever swung a sword (nevermind a 44lb sword).

As to the multi-piece buster sword, probably not. I'm not even sure if it's actually feasible to do so. Right now I'm making Guts' Dragonslayer from Berserk but I will probably make other Buster variants in the future (the one from crisis core and the new one from the ff7 remake).

Dope

I didn't answer because you said you had a problem with your wrist, but if you learn how to swing a sword then the damaged cause by it will go from "wow, deep" to "there is no way I'm getting on your bad side!"
it will also help stopping the blade from rotating in your hand which must have caused some uncomfortable feeling.

Love to see guts sword as it's not much different. someone did built the multiblade but I'm not sure what weight it was.

I didn't answer because you said you had a problem with your wrist, but if you learn how to swing a sword then the damaged cause by it will go from "wow, deep" to "there is no way I'm getting on your bad side!"
it will also help stopping the blade from rotating in your hand which must have caused some uncomfortable feeling.

Love to see guts sword as it's not much different. someone did built the multiblade but I'm not sure what weight it was.

That's interesting, I'd have to do some research. The sword definitely wants to twist in your grip, but I assumed this was caused by the weight and the round handle. I tried a few different methods of swinging (not shown in the video) and they were basically impossible due to the weight. I'm very strong by normal person standards and I still couldn't swing the sword horizontally at all for example.

Dope

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back