life-sized 70's Kenner stormtrooper blaster

For me, the problem isn't/wasn't HOW they were made. It's just funny comparing them to a real Sterling (or other known blaster). It looks like the Stromtrooper blaster has 2 magazines on it. :lol Same thing for the Leia blaster. Did the original sculpters even have reference material?.? Who gave the final OK before production?.? :lol

As it is with most, if not all, of the vintage line, the references were pictures, and rarely good ones. Snaggletooth was cast in the wrong color and made human-sized because of a half-shot in black and white. Luke's Jedi lightsaber was initially blue, and reversed when that original ROTJ trailer was altered to make the blade green. It's possible that only the picture used on the cardbacks were the references, and not all color. Kind of a crapshoot :)
JJ

kenners.jpg

:lol I laugh every time I look at these. I took this picture for the interest thread but had to share it with the rest of you. I've got to get cracking on that bowcaster now... :)

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedi Lawja @ May 17 2006, 07:27 AM) [snapback]1245506[/snapback]</div>
Mot- How did you paint yours? What paint? Is it that funky Krylon that changes colour as the light hits it?
[/b]
Well, I used a mishmosh of different paints. Different brands, too. I was after that "black but with a blue-ish tint" look that the toys had. It may look like it changes color in the light, but it's just a very deep, odd color. It's exactly what I set out to get. Plus, I wanted mine to be very "plastic" looking, even though it's all wooden.

Yes, I had planned on doing the lightsaber, too. :)

Re: life-sized 70's Kenner stormtrooper blaster

Coming majorly late to the party, but are any of these still available in any form? I'm looking for an E-11 to troop with, and any of them as a presentation piece for a vintage collector. Any help would be grand, thank you!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back