life-sized 70's Kenner stormtrooper blaster

Kind of odd that after 30 years, nobody has made these guns yet. This could be a new trend in trooping weaponry. :lol

Could you see parades of life-size action figure troopers? Nobody could bend their knees - they'd all be goose stepping at all the fuctions. They'd all have to shoot straight armed and no one could turn their head to see what they were shooting at :lol

Now that would be funny

-Fred

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gigatron @ May 3 2006, 03:04 PM) [snapback]1237743[/snapback]</div>
Could you see parades of life-size action figure troopers? Nobody could bend their knees - they'd all be goose stepping at all the fuctions. They'd all have to shoot straight armed and no one could turn their head to see what they were shooting at :lol

Now that would be funny

-Fred
[/b]

Hmmmmm....that explains the Trooper's aim...or lack thereof.... :p

That is flat out, the coolest idea I've seen in ages. :thumbsup Talk about stirring up a bunch of memories.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Bauer @ May 1 2006, 05:28 PM) [snapback]1236412[/snapback]</div>
Hey Moff, did someone have to bite your hand open to get the gun to fit and stay in your grip?[/b]
:lol ROTFL.

That is GREAT.

At Celebration I, a guy dressed as a Kenner Vader, complete with telescoping lightsaber. Very funny. :)

Like I said, Motman241: you may have beaten me out of the gates, but I'll be first to have a rack full of 'em. :lol P.S. Mine's based off of the super-rare HTF Glasslite Droids Boba Fett version. :lol
otcblasters.jpg

otcblasters2.jpg

Just to bring the rest of you up to speed, I've already spoken with Motman241 and he has no objections to me making a run of these blasters. We both hit on the idea at the same time and he started with the stormtrooper blaster while I started with the snowtrooper rifle, completely independent of each other. Life's funny that way.

Expect an interest thread in the junkyard soon, and stay tuned for more classic weapons, such as the jawa blaster and Chewbacca's bowcaster. That's right. We're not stopping until the original twelve are complete. :D

Those look great. Do you have any reference pictures of the super-rare HTF Glasslite Droids Boba Fett version? Not sure I recall that one.

Even in the first 21 original figures there's not that many weapons. We can pound these out in no time. There was the Han-type gun, the Stormtrooper gun, the bowcaster, Leiah's gun, and the jawa gun. Not included are the lightsabers, and gaffi stick.

I was teasing about the Glasslite. :$ Pretty sure they're all the same gun anyhow, just a question of what colour they were cast in. Or painted, in this case.

I'll probably tackle the jawa blaster tomorrow. The great part about this is that I have them all in my vintage collection already. :lol I think I'll paint a few of them at one time once I get a couple more models done. Then it'll be picture time. I expect the bowcaster to be the most difficult build due to thin frame and more detail. Might go with a bit of steel on that one.

Lightsabers wouldn't seem to be much of a challenge, and the gaffi stick couldn't be more simplified than most people make them now. But if people want them... :)

Any suggestions for a holster that might go with this gun's theme? Unlike the stormtrooper action figure, I would not like to constantly hold it. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mez7 @ Apr 30 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]1236094[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(animetronic @ Apr 30 2006, 10:26 PM) [snapback]1236077[/snapback]
Amazing how inaccurate this sculpt was for the figures. Great job replicating it. Now you need a lifesize Kenner Stormtrooper.
[/b]

not really considering the small size and production methods of the time, wernt anywhere near what they can do today,
[/b][/quote]

mez7, I have to disagree with you on that. If you look at the accessories to the Marx, and MPC playsets back in the 60's, the detail they could do in a small size was very good. Look at the laser pistols from the Mattell "Space 1999" toy Eagle, the detail is near perfect, all predate the SW toys.

Kenner was just cheap. :lol

David.

Motman, perhaps a string on the belt is in order just like the blaster for the vintage 12" stormtrooper from the "General Mills Fun Group". :lol

A holster like the regular version would probably work with a bit of modification for size.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FETTCLONE @ May 9 2006, 05:03 AM) [snapback]1241019[/snapback]</div>
Motman, perhaps a string on the belt is in order just like the blaster for the vintage 12" stormtrooper from the "General Mills Fun Group". :lol

A holster like the regular version would probably work with a bit of modification for size.
[/b]
:lol Yeah, a loop of elastic like the 12" trooper. That's funny.

I figured that I could make something like the regular holster, but wondered if there was something more "toy"ish-looking. I'll probably holster my PVC E-11 while I carry the toy one, but would need to holster the toy one in case of a switch.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ortiz34 @ May 9 2006, 03:41 PM) [snapback]1241294[/snapback]</div>
If anyone decided to do a run of these, stormie, snowie, or han, id be in so fast...
[/b]
Anyone with a wood cutting tool like a Dremel, Rotozip, band saw, jigsaw, etc and some wood can do these. They really are not complex at all. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(motman241 @ Apr 30 2006, 09:55 PM) [snapback]1236066[/snapback]</div>
It's been a while in the making, but I saved its debut for the Michingan prop party. Enjoy. :)
[image]http://propaholics.wolfchasers.com/uploader/users/motman241/MotmanKenner.jpg[/image]
[/b]

Dude, that is SO sweet (and twisted). I bow to the superior intellect. :)

-Gordon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Krel @ May 9 2006, 04:42 AM) [snapback]1241011[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mez7 @ Apr 30 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]1236094[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(animetronic @ Apr 30 2006, 10:26 PM) [snapback]1236077[/snapback]
Amazing how inaccurate this sculpt was for the figures. Great job replicating it. Now you need a lifesize Kenner Stormtrooper.
[/b]

not really considering the small size and production methods of the time, wernt anywhere near what they can do today,
[/b][/quote]

mez7, I have to disagree with you on that. If you look at the accessories to the Marx, and MPC playsets back in the 60's, the detail they could do in a small size was very good. Look at the laser pistols from the Mattell "Space 1999" toy Eagle, the detail is near perfect, all predate the SW toys.

Kenner was just cheap. :lol

David.
[/b][/quote]

but then production methods were different in the 60s wernt they?

not super mass produced, made overseas for as cheaply (meaning far less superior materials) and quickly as they could possibly have it made, thats the way many toys of the age of the starwars toys were produced,

it wasnt just kenner, but the majority of toy makers of the day

Got a couple more test-subjects cut out today; jawa ion gun and leia's pistol.

kenner4.jpg

They'll be more fun with paint on 'em, like this one. :lol

kenner1.jpg

kenner2.jpg

Also started an interest thread in the Junkyard, so the stormy rifles are a go. Any suggestions on shape, details, etc. are welcome.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back