Licensed Pulse Rifle pre-order

Some pics, there is a droop but not enough to worry me!

5106354f.jpg

c8572127.jpg

a2c6a17c.jpg

Looking good, bud. :)

I REALLY hope no one sits their new and shiny PR out in the sun and get's distracted and forget's it's cooking outside. Too much heat and the glue will be the least of your worries...

Tried that earlier today, bud. Not that I recommend anyone else do it. Did this for experimental factor. Managed to conduct matters in a slow and total temperature increase. Even let the thing bake for some time in the back of my SUV. By the time I was finished, all surfaces were a tad uncomfortable to the touch. Unfortunately, I didn't come prepared with a vernier labquest to take specific temps or even see how the heat conducted toward the glue joints. Little if anything budged. It could be that all the metal components expanded together, and in effect, held their respective position.

I'll keep tinkering with it. May even take a stab at some thermal imagining so I can located exactly what I need to heat up to pull these shrouds apart.

There is nothing preventing the barrel from sliding forward or backward within the support ring, thusly if the spas unit rose or fell the the barrel vent would go with it and the barrel would extend or retract minutely. The screws in the vent will not prevent the spas from moving.

M
Ok thanks Matt.
I trust you on this.

Couldnt get mine to budge though, regardless...
I think this is a case of "take it or leave it"

BTW, I think you guys did a great job on the gun otherwise. I would be satisfied with mine, had it not been for the barrel droop. Decent gun for under a grand..:thumbsup. Ashame its not straight though..

I definately dont think this was a case of them shifting while being shipped either.. These look to be assembled slightly off.

Got mine (in beautiful Brown Bess) today (in the UK from Prop Store).

Their e-mail to me said that they'd check it before sending it to me to make sure it was "tip-top".

I don't like their meaning for tip-top. :confused

Mine has a droop, not bad, but noticeable.

A loose battery cover (which initially stopped me removing the mag until I managed to free it).

The stock locking pin was jammed down hard, but I managed to lever that free.

My pics: Aliens Pulse Rifle - a set on Flickr

Yikes... that is a drooper for sure,

I got mine yesterday, BB #27.

I had a quick look over it and appears to have a very slight droop, probably about 3 degrees or so off. So because it it is not that noticeable I have decided to keep mine. It would not be worth going through the hassle and paperwork of getting another one, which there is no guarantee of getting another one that is any better. I have had to return items before and it is a royal pain in the you know what! However, having said that had the droop been any worse than it is I would probably have sent it back for a refund.

I will try and take some shots in the next few days and get them into Photoshop for a photo analysis.:lol

Last edited:
well heres a couple of pics of mine, its 285.

In hand i thought it wasnt so bad, but looking on the photo it seems worse.

Im going to take the shrouds off some time, so not too bothered.

Interestingly, the barrel cannot be moved up anymore as the shroud stops it....so i cant see how this has dropped down. Its the way its been built, almost like the inner arch of the shroud needs to go a little higher so the barrel can be lifted up slightly.

Interestingly, the barrel cannot be moved up anymore as the shroud stops it....so i cant see how this has dropped down. Its the way its been built, almost like the inner arch of the shroud needs to go a little higher so the barrel can be lifted up slightly.

The barrel extends into the shroud, so where it exits the shroud is probably just the 'pivot point', meaning that inside the shroud is where the problem that's causing the droop lies, maybe just one shroud 'pin' into the barrel/vent block, making it easy to droop, rather than two or more, making any vertical slip impossible/very difficult.

This might be how it's fitted, allowing for some slippage if the mounting points are loose or bent:
droop2.jpg

Last edited:
This still wouldnt work.

Where the green arrow is, is the top of the shroud arch. It is not possible to push the barrel up and further without pushing it through the shroud.

This still wouldnt work.

Where the green arrow is, is the top of the shroud arch. It is not possible to push the barrel up and further without pushing it through the shroud.
Yes, I understood that. :)

What I was trying to say was that if the mounting point of the barrel/vent was altered somehow, that might explain the droop.

I've amended the pic to show how with just a little lowering of the mounting point, the barrel and GL regain their correct level angle, with the top of the barrel still in position against the shroud:

droop2.jpg

Hello Guys,

Please could you help me with the following question?

Has anybody living in the UK purchased a PR directly from HCG (in order to get the OD version for example) & have since received/managed to get it through UK customs?

Your help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Lee.

Hello Guys,

Has anybody living in the UK purchased a PR directly from HCG (in order to get the OD version for example) & have since received/managed to get it through UK customs?

Thanks,

Lee.

Im not sure i'd even attempt this with the current laws. Im really surprised the Prop Store was allowed to sell these to anyone, because they do look like a normal gun to people on the street.
I have no idea why these were exempt, but any other gun you get from Prop store you have to have re-enactment membership.

Lewis

Hello Guys,

Thanks,

Lee.

aMaZeInG received his OD rifle as can be seen in post #1242. I also know of a couple more UK collectors who now have theirs in-hand.

The fact the packaging only states "Alien Prop Replica" may be a great help clearing this through customs. If it had actually mentioned "rifle" it may have been an entirely different matter.

So fear not, Lee. You should receive your M41A in due course.

Im not sure i'd even attempt this with the current laws. Im really surprised the Prop Store was allowed to sell these to anyone, because they do look like a normal gun to people on the street.
I have no idea why these were exempt, but any other gun you get from Prop store you have to have re-enactment membership.

Lewis

Yes it does seem somewhat odd these are being sold via numerous UK retailers without issue when the UK firearm and replica firearm laws are now so stringent. As you say, these look far closer to a real life firearm than many other replicas which have been seized or refused entry in the past.

I'm surprised the HGC would sell directly to anyone in the UK, even if it was for the OD version. You would think it wouldn't get through, but as we have seen, one or two have, so maybe the rest of them will too.

I remember when MR first sold the Stormtrooper Blaster, that they would not ship to New York, but then a year or so later when they had some extra's they changed that policy and I was able to buy it directly from them. Laws are funny that way, I buy a lot of Replica Pistols from Hong Kong and have never had a problem getting them into the country, while someone in PA refuses to ship to me because I live in New York.

Hello Guys,

Thanks,

Lee.

Hi Lee, I ordered my exclusive from HCG and it was in customs for a while, see below:

Delivered Abroad, August 20, 2010, 3:27 pm, GREAT BRITAIN
Attempted Delivery Abroad, August 20, 2010, 11:43 am, GREAT BRITAIN
At Foreign Delivery Unit, August 20, 2010, 7:55 am, GREAT BRITAIN
Out of Foreign Customs, August 19, 2010, 7:24 pm, GREAT BRITAIN
Into Foreign Customs, August 16, 2010, 9:04 am, GREAT BRITAIN
Arrived Abroad, August 16, 2010, 9:02 am, GREAT BRITAIN
International Dispatch, August 11, 2010, 7:27 pm, ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
Arrival
Electronic Shipping Info Received, August 06, 2010

The attempted delivery never actually happened!!
When I entered the tracking number into the parcelforce website tracking system it showed "details unavailable", so I phoned parcelforces customer helpline and quoted the USPS tracking number. They told me it was at the Aberdeen depot awaiting a customs clearance fee of £120. I nipped to the depot, paid the bill and collected 046 of 250. They had sent a letter out but I only received it today 23/08/10.
Hope this helps and hope you get a good one.

Sorry to go a little off topic, but the problem with UK laws regarding replica firearms is that the act is poorly written and in many cases, misunderstood by police and customs officials.

To give an example of the law, take these two pistols:

guncomp.jpg

Both 'copies' of a Beretta 92FS pistol. For all practical purposes they are visually identical (with regards to the layman on the street.)

The one on the left is a Co2 air pistol firing 4.5mm lead pellets at around 3 joules muzzle energy. It is classified as an air weapon, and can be bought over the counter by anyone over the age of 18.

The one on the right is a KJW airsoft pistol firing 6mm plastic BB's at around 1 joule. It is classified a realistic imitation firearm, and as such is illegal to sell, import or manufacture without a specific defence to the relevant act.

So you can buy the pistol that, until a few years ago was categorised as a section 1 firearm, without any trouble, but not the one thats 3 times LESS powerful.

Do we know who from HCG actually wrote that? I would love to talk to that person.

The first message didnt have a name attached, but after responded to let them know how shocked I was at their reply, I got this message

I was shocked you got that answer too!

We have some new staff that are currently in training and one of them took it upon himself to answer this question, which he should not have done.
Whilst the facts he stated have merit the tone was horrible and for that I apologize.
This was a listing that should have been removed as we are sold out of this piece.
We are aware of issues effecting a relatively small number of pieces, and we are doing our best to find a solution for those customers.
Obviously they can just return it for a refund but we are giving them the option to hold on for a short time to see what we can be done to resolve the issues they have, and if it at the end of the day we cannot sort out their issues (which I think we can) a full refund is still an option.
We are trying make everyone happy here and not ignoring the fact some people have an issue.

A lot of people have emailed us who love this piece, and are very happy with it. Obviously I know this is little consolation to those who are unhappy with theirs, but we will do our best to make every customer happy with their purchase.

Mark

- hollywoodcollectiblesgroup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back