Leveling Feet for Peopoly Phenom 3D Printer

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
The rubber feet that came on my Phenom have started to warp and distort and because they aren't adjustable, I have never quite been happy with them. It isn't really important that your 3D printer is super level, only that the build plate is level with the bottom of the vat/FEP.

However, if the printer isn't level, then the vat isn't level and you can't fill it to the TIPPY-TOP with resin.

So... I created leveling feet. Nothing too fancy, but they work well.

You will need:

• (4) M4 socket-head screws that are a minimum of 16mm long. I recommend 20mm.
  • (8) M4 nuts that are 3mm thick.
  • (4) 3D Printed Feet
  • Optional: (4) Self-stick 1" non-skid pads

Installation:

• Unscrew the old feet.
  • Lay your printer on its side (take the resin vat out!).
  • Remove the bottom grill by removing 4 screws.
  • Screw in your M4 socket-head screws from the inside out! There are nuts inside the screw holes. Thread the screws through them and make sure they are snug. It is a bit tight at the front, but you can do it.
  • Replace the bottom grill.
  • Screw M4 nuts onto the socket-head screws, sandwiching the grill. This is important! The nuts inside the case are not strong enough to support the weight of the entire printer. Don't leave these nuts off. You are welcome to add washers if you would like to distribute the weight a bit more.
  • Slide M4 nuts into the slot on the side of each foot. While it isn't necessary, you can add a dab of glue or epoxy to make sure it doesn't come out. Be sure not to get it on the threads!
  • Screw the foot onto the socket-head screw.
  • You can easily add self-stick 1" non-skid pads to the bottom of each foot if you would like.
  • Tilt the printer back into position.

To adjust:

• Lift the weight of the printer off the foot you want to adjust.
  • Screw, or unscrew the foot to raise or lower that corner of the printer.
  • Gently let the weight come back down onto the foot.

1599166979500.png

Attachments

• Peopoly_Phenom_Leveling_Feet.zip
    146.3 KB · Views: 122
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back