Let's Start a discussion, what is your favorite predator? In any form media?

PompousPompador

So, I figure since nobody is really talking about much these days, let's resurrect an ancient discussion. What is your favorite predator? From any media? Books, movies, games, fan art? I'll start it off. My favorite Yautja is the original. Not because it was the first, though that has a part of it. But rather because I prefer the much more simple design of him compared to the rest. The bio is very sharp and alien, but simple enough to make it more mysterious before the big reveal of his face. The gauntlets and armor is my favorite so far as well. The small amounts of armor only protecting the vital areas goes better with the Honor bound hunter theme. Where as the avp designs for example, are too heavily armored in my opinion. Plus he and Arny go toe-to-toe. And you just cant beat that.

Dark simply because he is the direct ancestor of the first Ancient Predator and the only Predator who successfully killed an abomination and live to tell the tale. That alone places him as the highest decorated Predator at this stage. And the fact he's going the the xenomorph planet by himself shows how insane this elite hunter is. He's at the pinnacle of badassery. Not to mention he used Lord's mask during his final confrontation with the abomination that was inside of 'Wolf' (not Earth Wolf) Dark had the same attire as the jungle hunter in predator 1. But there is a huge comparison in skill between the two. Even Wolf couldn't kill the Pred-Alien without killing himself.

dark-predator-28869716-325-352.jpg

Last edited:
Well. I've thought many times about this theme and it's really hard to decide. But I think my most favorite predator is the City hunter. Predator 2 wasn't the best film I have ever seen but predators which appeared there were great. Ten absolutely different predators! All of them could have their own story. And the City hunter is the most badass! I really like design of his armour and mask. Any other predator doesn't look like him. He has also great equipment and weapons, which were later used in AvP films, games,... But yes, his death was absolutely terrible. He had just bad luck. But I believe he was great hunter. We just didn't see it in the film.

The City Hunter also known as Ghost was the least experienced in the group, he was the 'immature hotshot' who went guns blazing with toys that he took from his more experienced brothers. He was also the youngest in the group which adds to the immaturity shown by Celtic in Avp. There are stories about the lost hunters. (Thought this would be good information)

Greyback is atleast 500 years old. My only concern with Greyback is that he is way past his prime as are nearly all of the elders. There are no elders in the Predator Universe that go into extremely hostile territories. For example Dark and Wolf. Another key example is the Ancient Predator who again is well past his prime (why do I say this) one of the Ancient Predators impregnated an abomination (Lore) and that abomination was the first in history. Scar's was the 2nd and Wolf's (not wolf from the movie) was the third. There is a hype about the elders which is just hype... The short clip of the Elders taking on the mass hordes of Aliens 'I know for a fact they were not Ancient nor Elder because they aren't stupid enough to go just for a horde they would go for the Alien Queen mother or some other high bounty prey. The way the movies/games portray the older Predators is so.... mediocre... it kind of diminishes their title when you don't actually see them fight.

Dark will take all of the Credit he's nearly an Elder. (This guy seriously doesn't know when enough is enough)

Oh cool I can answer this! :D My favorite is Scar... I know, big surprise right? Haha... He's the one that got me interested into the Predator universe... I always just thought he was really cool... Unique... I feel like he'd make a really good ally! :)

Yeah, Good choice! I'm not a huge fan of the avp armor, but I did like the movie. It's cheesy fun. But ya know, you always remember your first predator. I could rephrase that. . .nah.

Scar did some cool stuff, killed some aliens, made everyone think he was going to have the most awful kissing scene with lex. Too bad he got impregnanted huh? But overall, the highlight of that whole movie is him nonchalantly killing that alien, didn't even look back.

I also liked Broken Tusk 22nd Century Predator. He was Clan Leader and very representative of his kind he was also nick named 'Brave Warrior'
He's also the only clan leader of the jungle hunter predators to be confirmed deceased.

There is a book, and comic about him which I find a really great read I read it when I was 11.

The Broken Tusk from the Alien vs Predator miniseries by Dark Horse Comics was very honorable, going as far as to kill a young member of his own kind when he found out that the young hunter had killed a human child. Like many predators, he was very intelligent, mimicking voices when it was most fit ( ex: When Conover realized he had a Chestburster inside him, Tusk took out a gun, saying: "I can make it quicker-easier for you,")

0_cfdc1_86367f62_XXL.jpg

Even though he's not from the movies or games my favorite is bone hunter by Uratz...the concept of death as a predator is just B.A to me. I want to see some comics based on him

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back