Let’s talk nepenthe

Removed easily...now I will have to wait until my silver ones arrive. Hopefully next t week

Attachments

• IMG_20230602_213429__01.jpg
    IMG_20230602_213429__01.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 55
Got some 7mm OD 5mm ID PVC tubing. Modeled this Luer Lock Connector and did work like a charm. Getting close to finishing this...

Attachments

• IMG_20230606_094636.jpg
    IMG_20230606_094636.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
Removed easily...now I will have to wait until my silver ones arrive. Hopefully next t week

I think the silver parts should be more metallic than the grey/silver ones that you'll probably receive. They look kinda shiny on the show, and probably would need to be painted anyway. Or at least covered in a clear gloss. The one I've got has a dull grey finish.

Digital files are now available. They include letters & symbols as well Luer Lock adapter model and cap hole centering tool.

There are a few shots of this oil bottle in the new Gallery Making of Mando S3 on D+ but I don't think it shows anything that hasn't already been discovered.

Has anyone tried laser etching these bottles? One arrived with a crack so am going to try that first at my office, but this is my first time trying to laser etch anything. I bought the.rebel.agent's files, I started my own but his were so good there was no point bothering. But I think I should fill the outlines in so the Aurebesh and logos are solid for etching.

Suggestions?

If it doesn't work I'll just fall back to cutting vinyl.

Thanks.

Has anyone tried laser etching these bottles? One arrived with a crack so am going to try that first at my office, but this is my first time trying to laser etch anything. I bought the.rebel.agent's files, I started my own but his were so good there was no point bothering. But I think I should fill the outlines in so the Aurebesh and logos are solid for etching.

Suggestions?

If it doesn't work I'll just fall back to cutting vinyl.

Thanks.
Have you used it on plastic before? I would be afraid of it melting or burning

Good point, that hadn't occurred to me.

If you believe the aliexpress info, it's polypropylene. It has a low melting point and can be etched with a CO2 laser but you will get some localized melting and rough surface texture. I'm not sure what type of laser we have at our makerspace, I'll stop by tomorrow and ask.

Given one has a large crack, there's not much risk in trying if I don't mind wasting a bottle, I bought four just in case. But I'll check with the guys who run everything first.

Thanks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back