Let’s talk nepenthe

I have seen etching done on clear by putting a wash of matte color on the surface to catch the laser and localize the heat but am uncertain what was used. In this material though it would likely fuse that temp color into the surface.

Has anyone tried laser etching these bottles? One arrived with a crack so am going to try that first at my office, but this is my first time trying to laser etch anything. I bought the.rebel.agent's files, I started my own but his were so good there was no point bothering. But I think I should fill the outlines in so the Aurebesh and logos are solid for etching.

Suggestions?

If it doesn't work I'll just fall back to cutting vinyl.

Thanks.
I tried. Contacted a local store and they told me that this bottle released toxic fumes. They refused to engrave it. Didn't try again

Ordered on may 12th… got a random package today

IMG_1892.jpeg

Broken… story of my life

I have seen etching done on clear by putting a wash of matte color on the surface to catch the laser and localize the heat but am uncertain what was used. In this material though it would likely fuse that temp color into the surface.
Tape. Etch through masking tape. A thin painters tape like the light mint green 3M stuff, or Tamiya. Also, air assist is your friend.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back