Lense for "Topknot" (Red lights add 09/07/09)

AlphaTech686

I finally got off my arss and picked up Topknots bio. Here are a few photos of the lense that I put together today.
011.jpg

I had an old faceshield from my firefighter helmet. It's gold mylar coated. I thought what a perfect place to recycle it.
012-1.jpg

I decided to do the wire mesh over it but I noticed in the screen stills the mesh is beneath the lense. I decide to sandwich three layers.
013.jpg

014.jpg

I then clipped them together and used epoxy putty around the edges. I actually put the putty on a little at a time.
020.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

I also put the lasers in this week. Here are a few pics of that and the helmet with the lense. I will put a video up soon so
you can see the face blade in action. I'm thinking about playing with some way to light up the lense. I saw a while back
someone on here lit up some blades with a blue light. We'll see.
024.jpg

027-1.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

029.jpg

OK here's afew pics of the lights I added. It's not quite as dramatic as I had hoped but it is
a little different. Obviously it looks cooler in low lights.
001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

011.jpg

012-1.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

020.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

024.jpg

027-1.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

029.jpg

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

welcome Back old buddy! Kit hunter just revived an old thread of yours the other day and we were wondering what happened to ya? glad to see you have been busy doing pred stuff! did you ever finished those gaunts?
L.B.

D-a-a-a-yum! Great job! the doo-dads on the cheeks are new, didn't see those on that bio before. Diggin' the lights in the eyes.
Thumbs-Up-1-1.jpg

Thumbs-Up-1-1.jpg

Looooooooooooooove seeing that bio again, ( about time ) and glad you are still working on him, any more work been done on triblade guantlet?

i think the red highlights work well, look like eyes in a wa which makes him moreevil looking. :)

Hey Carl, all the doo-dads have always been there. It's just been a long time since it's seen the light of day. Thank's for the comments everyone. Hey Usurper, my next project is to finish the housing for the gaunt. By the way it actually has 6 blades.
topextenddagerside.jpg

tophandonG.jpg

topextenddagerside.jpg

tophandonG.jpg

Thats too cool. Do you have a pic showing the inside where you have the power sourse attached? And what lights did you use, led's?

That gauntlet is fantastic!

Also the visor method you have used for the bio has given me an idea on how to make the eyes for my Guyver helmet, as well as how to light them, thank you

Very inspirational.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back