Lembas bread - an edible prop replica ;)

ob1al

Sr Member
The ultimate geek snack? Those chocolate Han in Carbonite's have to rank up there, but these are front-runners as well.

We had some friends over for a LOTR blu ray viewing yesterday, so my kids and I whipped these up using a flapjack recipe rather than a bread, not screen accurate but sweet and tasty.

404185_3308417946527_1150431296_33567585_1165462203_n.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

They were a hit - all completely devoured. I thought one bite was supposed to fill the stomach of a grown man? I had two.

Thought I would share them here just for a bit of fun.:lol

Al

I just grabbed a pack of 'Summer Greens' from my local supermarket, but better still would be to use banana leaves. Or artificial banana leaves like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Deco-Leaves-Banana-Parchment-20-Pack/dp/B0035LV8BG

Making a displayable lembas should be easy enough:

Basic Salt Dough Recipe

Ingredients:

1 cup of fine salt
1 cup of flour
1/2 cup of water (may add more)
Instructions:

In a large bowl, combine the salt and the flour
Make a well in the salt/flour mixture and add the water
Knead until smooth and shape into a ball

HINT: To get a softer dough you can add more flour. Adding more salt will lend a more granulous affect. Use wallpaper glue and the dough with be more cohesive. To add color to your dough, use different types of flour or add food coloring or paint.

Knead to get an even colour.

You may also paint once dry.

It won't be as tasty though. ;)

Last edited:
Ha! Love it. I wish I had thought to make some when we watched with our kids. Next time! A long time ago I figured out a lazy way to make some that look like the ones in the movie: Pillsbury crescent dough. I totally forgot about it though...

For display purposes, Penwiper made some leaves out of craft foam that turned out amazing. If I can get the one she gave me out of storage, I'll get a picture.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back