Leif Ericson

mach7

This is the UFO mystery ship re-released a few years ago. I retro fitted it with clear resin engines, Grain of rice bulbs and a custom stand.

19gYll.jpg

Fopi0l.jpg

c4HvIl.jpg

For the stand I was going for a Star Trek TOS feel.

I just picked up the new release from AMT. It has LED for lights and the old stand.

I think I still have my original glow-in-the-dark version from the 70's in a box somewhere. Don't know where the little shuttle is anymore, though.

I also just got the Leif Ericson reissue of this kit.
Brings back some childhood memories for sure, only this time, there are lots more decals.
Too bad they couldn't reissue the old "Sounds of Space" record too.

I asked the question on another forum about the sounds of space record.
I guess the problem was who owns the rights to the audio and what format do they release it on. Vinyl, CD, MP3?

In the end it was too much work for too little return.

It is available on the web.

I had no idea they had re-issued this kit! does it still come with the little scout ship that goes in that top bay? Very clean build and I like the stand:)

Robert

The Sounds of Space recording has been put onto Youtube. Just do a search for it along with Leif Ericson and it should be easy enough to find.

does it still come with the little scout ship that goes in that top bay?

Robert

Yes, the scout ship is still in the kit, along with it's silly post type landing gear.

R2 has indicated that if this kit sells well they could release other ships from the Strategic Space Command universe. AMT never went beyond this one kit.

R2 has indicated that if this kit sells well they could release other ships from the Strategic Space Command universe. AMT never went beyond this one kit.

Interesting. Does anyone know what other ship designs are out there? I only knew of the Leif Ericson myself.
Or would these be all new designs?

Interesting. Does anyone know what other ship designs are out there? I only knew of the Leif Ericson myself.
Or would these be all new designs?

I'm not sure, I remember when it showed up in the AMT catalog way back in the '60s it was listed as the first in a series of SSC kits.

I've done my part, I have 2 UFO mystery ships and 1 Leif Ericson. :)

I have ALWAYS wanted a kit like that. So impossible to find around my city though. I saw a kit go on ebay year or to ago but was too slow with my bidding :angry

Great work, and the engine color is awesome!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back