leg hinges

rensole

Hey everyone,

I'm currently making the warmachine HD build by zabana.
and I was wondering, has anyone had any idea on how to make the leg hinges work ?

cause im about to finish the legs but i got no clue on how to connect the lower and upper legs

I offered some suggestions in your Warmachine build thread.
I need some pics of both leg pieces to offering ideas on this current issue you are dealing with.

Another suggestion (may have been thought of before) is to use a set of hinges from a knee brace. This would take away the stresses from the pin pivot ideas I've seen.

They could easily be fixed to the inside of the legs.

The same idea could be used on the elbows.

I was thinking about 2 metal flat rods then drill a hole in each at the end and put a rivet or something through there ?

Most hardwares should have metal plates. One piece could be cut up for all of it. A bolt would be better than a rivet. More solid and can be taken apart. If you could find a bolt with a solid shank as thick as the plates it should work quite well.

good idea but the problem is i dont have the slightest ideah on were i can find those
as promised the hinge thing:
At this point the pick-up truck tail gate hinge idea sounds feasible. I was hoping you'd post pics of the thigh & calf pieces side by side where they join together so I could see how they configure together.

you could make two tabs that overlap (one coming up from the shin, one down from the thigh) in sintra, or abs plastic, and run a bolt, or chicago screw through them. That ay you could hatshape where they need to join to the armor pieces fr a flush fit, and have a nice parallel setting for your hinge so it moves freely.

The hinges from leg/elbow braces are geared to give a smooth action.

2 strips bolted/riveted together naturally have friction which could 'stick' & break your armour.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back