LED Wiring Question

A Hunters Moon

Okay, say that you're lighting your plasma cannon. You want a beam directly down the barrel but you also want a tiny bit of light showing in the plasma canister. Can I just solder the two lights back to back, wire it up, and they both work? Or would this cause a potential short? Here's a diagram:

led.jpg

I have an ultralast 12v mini battery, a 10mm ultra high led, and a rectangular led that doesn't seem to have a rating.

I'm not sure what happened but not long after I attached the battery pack and switch to the leds it started acting up. Now, it won't even come on. I bought a new battery and it worked for a split second, stopped, and then seemed to get hot to the touch.

I tested both the old and new batteries and they'll light up another led. Is the switch bad, is there too much juice, do i need a transistor? Any ideas what's going on?

The battery is a 12V 23A Ultralast. Maybe the switch is too small. It's rated .3A at 125vac.

sorry i am not the best at electronics, but i do know you need to match the voltage to the voltage required by the LEDs, if each requires 3V then you need to supply 6v. plus it matters whether they are series or parallel, unfortunately i do not know the difference off the top of my head.

it sounds like you are killing the LEDs. look up circuit diagrams and find a voltage calculator online.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back