Latex/Silicon on Full Body Fabric Suit? Is it possible?

CrystalSunrise

I know it's possible in some form, but I am still trying to work out some details as to how to achieve this effect.

Today, I've watched someone pour Dragonskin on a Spider-Man suit; an entire video on how to cast a latex monster suit; how to create a foam muscle bodysuit using latex as glue.

However, I have yet to find a straight answer to this question:

If I put latex/silicone or something akin to it, over foam built up on a spandex/lycra/fabric bodysuit, will it have enough flexibility to walk/move without cracking, splitting, or otherwise ultimately destroy the design?

After looking into casting, a full body suit like what I would expect to make for this project would cost me several thousand, which I cannot afford to commit to at the moment, however a combination of foam and latex might do the trick.

Can anyone help?

And in case anyone is wondering, I am attempting a Warframe cosplay. I have seen only a handful done well, and I know of two that were executed by professionals. I am trying to get the alien skin texture onto a body suit that is basically skin tight, without making a Catwoman outfit.

Thanks in advance.

Yes. But both will degrade over time.

Latex on foam (urethane foam such as is used in bedding) is pretty standard though old fashioned for film/theatre etc. It's free style so relies a lot on ability to disguise the technique. It's taken me a very long time to develop a good method and even that is super reliant on environment.

I also have put silicone on fabric for a costume, my Witchblade is all freehand caulking silicone on a stretch base.
sm_P1030218.jpgsm_P1030217.jpg
http://www.arrayedindreams.com/costume-portfolio/sci-fi/witchblade/

I should put progress photos up.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back