Latex Milk & Paste

Ostberg

Hey You!

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about differences about latex milk and paste, i know that latex paste is alot thicker then the milk, both materials becomes elastic and tough.
But what about the result?
Would a skin suit made out of paste be the same as one made out of milk?
Or is 10-20 layers of latex milk for a suit more durable then one with 1-3 layers of latex paste?

Maybe the paste is only ment for detailing?
/O

Latex paste? are you talking about premade latex bondo or patch? if so, noooo ..not for a full suit ..it is used for seaming, filling small pits and holes and blending prosthetics. As for latex milk..Im not sure ive even heard this term before

I bought a plastic jar with Latex Paste, the description is in german, means it makes no sense to me, but as far as i know it works just like liquid latex, just that the latex paste has a high viscosity, it's thick like porridge.
Latex milk is just like liquid latex aswell, but has a high viscosity.

I'm just not sure where the paste will be useful, but if it works just like liquid latex you use for costumes, but has a "thickener" solution in it, maybe you just need fewer layers?
Thought i'd ask here as we got several people working with such things, in case you guys know anything
about it =)
I've put some latex paste & milk on a piece of foamie, waiting outside now, waiting for result.

I had that there a few companies that mixed latex with either cabosil or liquid thixotropic agent. It was designed for patching. I would not attempt a full surface with it. It is also likely to shrink a lot. Never heard of latex milk. I wonder if it tastes like chocolate milk :D :p

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back