Large Scale USS Excelsior Class Ships - Whats out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and even that is doable in the hands of a skill modeler, lol
Yes, I'm actually restoring it, but for the price and the specs we were promised by Alex, there should be no extra work involved in the story we were told. Oversold scam for us, but if you actually get it, then have fun.

Yes, I'm actually restoring it, but for the price and the specs we were promised by Alex, there should be no extra work involved in the story we were told. Oversold scam for us, but if you actually get it, then have fun.
This is what it should look like, done by the modeler that ATG fired because he was jealous of his work.

Attachments

• received_353398823419474.jpeg
    received_353398823419474.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 179
  • received_4966831650020159.jpeg
    received_4966831650020159.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 161
  • received_735324410802813.jpeg
    received_735324410802813.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 167
  • received_324789436391020.jpeg
    received_324789436391020.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 158
  • received_669351680826220.jpeg
    received_669351680826220.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 151
  • received_474339107710195.jpeg
    received_474339107710195.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 146
  • received_1136984190448636.jpeg
    received_1136984190448636.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 165
  • received_514004083563781.jpeg
    received_514004083563781.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 164
  • received_1131048477470829.jpeg
    received_1131048477470829.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 195
Well, too by most likely biased eye, Alex's kit is not really that far off in quality to this kit you shared pics of. Like I have told Alex and stated here, his pics are not of the best quality. I am going to just wait to see when/if he starts posting better quality pics before making my final decision.

Also, please forgive me, who or what is AGT?

If you really want to know what you're getting and you have your own 3d printer, then mosey on over to see Simon’s 3D model, available to everyone in the C 537 group. It is free and magnificent, and the original program that was promised to us by ATG, i.e., it's actually the brochure that we were sold....

A
Well, too by most likely biased eye, Alex's kit is not really that far off in quality to this kit you shared pics of. Like I have told Alex and stated here, his pics are not of the best quality. I am going to just wait to see when/if he starts posting better quality pics before making my final decision.

Also, please forgive me, who or what is AGT?
Alexander the Great, and best of luck to you, you're going to need it. I've already posted how he stole my money and how he treated me, so you know what you're getting into.

If you really want to know what you're getting and you have your own 3d printer, then mosey on over to see Simon’s 3D model, available to everyone in the C 537 group. It is free and magnificent, and the original program that was promised to us by ATG, i.e., it's actually the brochure that we were sold....
I'm sorry - C 537 group? I'm unfamiliar.

This is what it should look like, done by the modeler that ATG fired because he was jealous of his work.

So to clarify, how big is this and why can't we buy this from the creator?

ATG has set the bar pretty low so I'm sure your model will be stunning. :)

Yeah it will be I hope. I bought it in early 90s and got it built to a point with my skills at the time. Later when I got better at it I stripped a bunch of stuff to re-do and it's been that way for 15 years. One of our members is doing an overhaul but does not want to do a run of kits. I begged but it was no. Worth checking out:

So yeah since I could not convince him to do a run I was about to get to work on my Lunar when I discovered this thread. Smaller but better so I figured I would get this and finish the Lunar down the road.

Well, new plan. Finish that bad boy and find a bounty hunter to get my money back if my bank fails.

Thanks, yes I'm happy for anyone to use my 3D model.

Those pics are yours?

Your Lunar models kit looks better. Don't let some of those parts fool you, those were done by another vendor on that used 1/650 parts and had Shapeways make them into 1/537, so they standout from his, easily. He knows it's bad as he even grabbed my nickname for it from my posts. Pepperbone was right, he's trolling and laughing at us...and enjoying all the attention.
WOW. Just wow.

THAT is utterly shameless.

Uh..."best quality"? The condition of the lines, sloppy attempts at sanding and shaping, ragged edges and divots/ pits in the work and all-around poor proportions are NOT picture quality; it's sculpting quality. Uneven edges, lines that break-up, half-sculpted details...frankly, those parts look like a 4th-grader tried sculpting the Excelsior from memory with a toothpick and broke the toothpick halfway through the project.

I mean, this sculpted vinyl Voltron is better work than that:

IMG_9986.jpg

Image courtesy of CollectionDX (Vinyl Golion)

I wouldn't even wait to get my money back if I were any of the people who pre-ordered that... thing. But please...if you're goign to try to defend that, in spite of all the nonsense and the inconsistent pics that have been put forth, then don't even bother replying to me.

If this thing doesn't scream "SCAM", then nothing does.

Yeah, THAT'S more like what one should expect.

The way this is going, it's looking pretty bleak for AGT, isn't it?

Last edited:
If money is no object….. and you can convert the Enterprise B

If money is no object….. and you can convert the Enterprise B

Anyone familiar with this maker?

I have email this site. The prices are not that bad but it's unclear if the price is for finished or kits. He also says he offers raw kits.

However I can't find any pics of his kits or actual models. Big red flag so we will see.

Here is what I got from this site when I asked about various models.

He stated the Enterprise E, my second great love after the Excelsior, that they offer the E as a 4' finished kit and the 7' E as a kit only but I could not find pics of the kit so I asked about that just now, so we shall see.

Here is what I got so far:

Hi thanks for your interest in our web site ;

sorry its confused you ; we constantly adding to our range by request and interest the first range was the motion picture then we where asked to add 1/1000 scale and 1/350 scale models so some of them are "cross or subjects"

ill try to answer your questions here 1st one last

Also do you have pics of kits and finished models?

If you read though the web site we state that “we are a made to order service only if they is not a photo of a complete model or Kit in the section you interested in which ether includes my wife with the model for scale or the model is clearly in a photo studio ! Then we have provided a 3d photo of the actual file or they is a stock photo of the subject”

Enterprise E 7ft and 4ft.

Yes: the 4ft option is complete model on our “MOTION PICTURE SERIES STAR TREK” for $2350

We currently only offer the 1/350 scale Enterprise E in a kit option which is the one on the web site $5100.

we can calculate a quote for a fully complete display model but you would have to keep in mind the shipping cost as we state on every model info : large complete models have to be shipped with crates or if the person is in the same location as us they can “pick up” the model . too date! the largest shipped out request has been the 8ft dropship to uk this was done by the client having a crate shipped in a container with a moving company

Excelsior if you are going to make it?

Yes our 3d modeler's are currently working on the Excelsior and it should be ready 3d model soon

4' Enterprise refit Finished only.
if you take a look at the motion picture collection you will see we have the refit in all 3 options kit ;basic. And complete

this is the ink to that section below ' if you have any other questions please feel free to ask us thanks you

PaulCraggs

The 7' E page has a computer render and a pic of the ILM model.

There is a pic of an E in 4' kit form on one page but honestly it does not look great. It might be me as I am by no means a model expert.

So, I don't know.

Most the pics are not great and or I have no idea if they are their models or studio used ones, or others.

For the price the pics should be in abundance, the website should be simple and easy to navigate and all pics should be theirs only or marked as Studio for comparison.

May be an option, they are working on Excelsior but I just don't know.

On another note my bank says they are still working on my refund.

Thanks

The 7' E page has a computer render and a pic of the ILM model.

There is a pic of an E in 4' kit form on one page but honestly it does not look great. It might be me as I am by no means a model expert.

So, I don't know.

Most the pics are not great and or I have no idea if they are their models or studio used ones, or others.

For the price the pics should be in abundance, the website should be simple and easy to navigate and all pics should be theirs only or marked as Studio for comparison.

May be an option, they are working on Excelsior but I just don't know.

On another note my bank says they are still working on my refund.

Thanks
It looks like they took the AMT-Ertl kit and made a direct copy of it only bigger. All the hallmark accuracy issues with the AMT kit are present on their 4-foot model based on the pictures on their website. I'm sorry, but no way is that anywhere near worth $2100.

That said, looks like he has been advertised on modelermagic website for a few years, but based on what has happened in this thread alone, ordering from this guy at $2000 for a model sight unseen is nuts.

Last edited:
I just got another response after asking to see pics of the 7' Enterprise E. They said until someone orders a model from them they don't build it and thus they only have pics of stuff that has been ordered.

Very odd business model. I would never spend that much without seeing the finished product.

The one and only time I did that was,....let me think,....Oh yeah. On this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (n) (n) (n) :cautious: :cautious: :cautious: :(:(:mad::mad::confused::confused:

WTF is it about a decent Star Trek Model being either impossible to get and or a fortune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So to clarify, how big is this and why can't we buy this from the creator?

Yeah it will be I hope. I bought it in early 90s and got it built to a point with my skills at the time. Later when I got better at it I stripped a bunch of stuff to re-do and it's been that way for 15 years. One of our members is doing an overhaul but does not want to do a run of kits. I begged but it was no. Worth checking out:

So yeah since I could not convince him to do a run I was about to get to work on my Lunar when I discovered this thread. Smaller but better so I figured I would get this and finish the Lunar down the road.

Well, new plan. Finish that bad boy and find a bounty hunter to get my money back if my bank fails.

Those pics are yours?
These are pics of my 3D model.

Attachments

• u_s_s__excelsior_nx_2000_by_calamitysi_de9dts5-350t-2x.jpg
    u_s_s__excelsior_nx_2000_by_calamitysi_de9dts5-350t-2x.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 128
  • u_s_s__excelsior_nx_2000_by_calamitysi_de9hi4m-350t-2x.jpg
    u_s_s__excelsior_nx_2000_by_calamitysi_de9hi4m-350t-2x.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 121
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back