Lady Deadpool sword holster help

funkster

The GF has decided to go as Lady Deadpool to our next convention.

Most of the bits are pretty easy to do, but she/we are a bit stuck on the sword holster

If you look at these pics

MfN476c.pngtumblr_mf6jd6a6cD1s0scvpo1_500.jpg

then there doesn't seem anything to keep the holsters from sliding down the arms.
Now I appreciate these aren't real and the problem could be solved with a chest strap, but are there any ways of accomplishing the comic look?

I made something like this for a friend of mine who needed it. If i can dig up the photos on my computer ill post them tonight. What you can do is use a couple of sword guides about 6" long in an X pattern to slip the swords into in the center of your back. the weight of the swords will keep them pinned to your back while the strap running along your shoulder blades keeps them from bouncing.

I made something like this for a friend of mine who needed it. If i can dig up the photos on my computer ill post them tonight. What you can do is use a couple of sword guides about 6" long in an X pattern to slip the swords into in the center of your back. the weight of the swords will keep them pinned to your back while the strap running along your shoulder blades keeps them from bouncing.

hey dude,

Still having issues with this.

Did you find the pic?

hey dude,

Still having issues with this.

Did you find the pic?
Nah man. Couldn't find them :(
Sorry I shouldve responded that I couldn't. It's a tough harness to make because there's no strap going around the mid section under her bust. But if you can make a red one to kinda cheat it and keep it still it should work ok

Nah man. Couldn't find them :(
Sorry I shouldve responded that I couldn't. It's a tough harness to make because there's no strap going around the mid section under her bust. But if you can make a red one to kinda cheat it and keep it still it should work ok

Yeah I hear ya.

Managed to sort of get it done, but it's the "holders' for the swords I'm struggling with.

Next few days really dude.
Convention is the 14th and still need to make it and order bits if need be
Quick fix if it works, try cardboard tubes. The type that paper towel have in the center. add a slit in them and some double sided tape so you can size them to fit the blade snug. This can be a temporary fix until you can structure somthing better.

Quick fix if it works, try cardboard tubes. The type that paper towel have in the center. add a slit in them and some double sided tape so you can size them to fit the blade snug. This can be a temporary fix until you can structure somthing better.

Yeah, that's what I was using for the prototype.
Some plumbing pipe keeps them snug.

Am going to give these a try

http://www.first4magnets.com/rectan...coated-n42-neodymium-magnet-10-1kg-pull-p4135

One for each sword on the back strap.
Then either a couple of smaller magnets or a metal strip drilled into the sword and then covered.
I'll make a small loop to guide the sword into place.

The swords weigh about 600g each, so "in theory" it should be fine.

She only wants to have one "drawable" sword, so the other will be purely decorative. If push comes to shove then they'll both be decorative :)

Well this is where I am now.

Two 10kg pull magnets just duct taped to the swords. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425549387.693793.jpg

Will be channeling out a section for the magnets to go into.

Then securing one to the horizontal back strap and then a loop for the "top" sword to be guided through and then attaching to the magnet(s) on each one

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back